U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:23 PM

3,150 posts, read 3,086,875 times

Advertisements

I'm not as well traveled compared to many, but so fortunate to visit more than I ever thought I would!

A few places that got under my skin...

Venice, Italy- loved walking everywhere, up and over the little bridges, hopping on the water buses, the strangely beautiful decay of of the buildings.... the food!!

Northern Wales- Snowdonia National Park was so beautiful! I really love all the parts of Great Britain I've seen so far, (My husband is English so we "have" to go every so often) but something about Northern Wales... maybe it was all the lambs.

Sedona Arizona- I'm partial to forests and mountains and green, but Sedona took my breath away! Everywhere I turned my head my jaw was on the floor!

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan- Shhh... it's a secret! a third of the land mass of Michigan and only 4 percent of the population... shhhh...
Attached Thumbnails
Best places you ever visited-michigan-vacation-105.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 10:43 PM

4,943 posts, read 2,281,106 times
I have not been able to travel much yet.

But I will. I've liked everywhere! Mesa Verde National Park & The Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado are truly national treasures. I loved San Diego. The Gulf Coast & Mazatlan, Mexico too.

Sooo much more to see; I can't wait!

Old 11-12-2016, 12:59 AM

5,163 posts, read 2,777,659 times
Australia, Italy, Scotland, Yucatan Peninsula, the Alcan Hwy to Alaska

Old 11-12-2016, 08:33 AM

12,589 posts, read 15,054,657 times
Australia back in the '90's, great place. Hong Kong and Tokyo. Northwest Wales and London.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:13 AM

6,312 posts, read 6,969,122 times
Man, I've really only had a magical, visceral, goosebumps, running-through-the-streets-screaming-for-joy kind of reaction to two places when I was traveling. And in both cases it had everything to do with my circumstances and only a little to do with the cities itself. Anyway, those two places were NYC and Paris.

I am feeling a little bummed right now. I've been fortunate enough to be very well-traveled and have loved most of the world that I've seen, but I think I'm just jaded and closed off which is why for the most part I've never had any earth-shattering trips. Lol.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:15 AM

6,203 posts, read 2,862,660 times
antwerpen, jamaica, amsterdam.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:16 AM

14,391 posts, read 7,921,507 times
My favorite place that we've visited? Hmmmm.

It's a toss up between Scotland and Australia.

Australia had the beaches and the rugged, beautiful Northern territory. The rain forest was spectacular and swimming in a pond out in the jungle was both scary (salt water crocs) and incredibly fun. The water was crystal clear with beautiful multi colored rocks.

Scotland had some of the most amazing people I've ever met. Even the homeless guys in the graveyard in Edinburgh were nice. Those ancient castles and villages were like stepping back in time and imagining Jamie from the Outlander series was right there beside you. The ancient cathedrals were just spectacular, and we spent our anniversary in a beautiful castle. I loved flying the owls. I think the best part of Scotland for me was spending time with someone I met here on city data

Old 11-12-2016, 10:27 AM

2,314 posts, read 5,887,926 times
We are american expats living in The Netherlands for the last 15 months. We are traveling as much as possible while we are here.

So far we've been able to go to:
The Netherlands
Belgium
Germany
France
England
Scotland
Norway
Denmark
Iceland
Greece
Spain
Italy

Of everywhere we've visited so far, the places I would love to go back and visit again are:
Greece (Crete)
Iceland
Scotland
Italy.

As I write this we are in Venice...which is a great plac to visit. So very different than anywhere else.
Crete is one of my all-time favorites. Mountains, beautiful beaches and water, fantastic food, wonderful people.
Scotland had wonderful people and just a,among things to see from quaint little villages to cities to countryside.
Italy has always been my #1 on my bucket list, and while we are only here for a weekend this time, we are coming back for a full week touring next year.

Places in the Americas that I just love:
British Columbia, Canada - specifically Vancouver Island, Victoria, Tofino
Utah - Bryce and Zion National parks
Colorado - Durango, Silverton, etc

Old 11-12-2016, 01:47 PM

2,183 posts, read 1,355,536 times
I'd say Iceland is the most beautiful place I've ever visited. Also Reykjavik is a lively small city with loads of Scandinavian charm.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:31 PM

11,043 posts, read 3,989,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I'm not as well traveled compared to many, but so fortunate to visit more than I ever thought I would!

A few places that got under my skin...

Venice, Italy- loved walking everywhere, up and over the little bridges, hopping on the water buses, the strangely beautiful decay of of the buildings.... the food!!

Northern Wales- Snowdonia National Park was so beautiful! I really love all the parts of Great Britain I've seen so far, (My husband is English so we "have" to go every so often) but something about Northern Wales... maybe it was all the lambs.

Sedona Arizona- I'm partial to forests and mountains and green, but Sedona took my breath away! Everywhere I turned my head my jaw was on the floor!

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan- Shhh... it's a secret! a third of the land mass of Michigan and only 4 percent of the population... shhhh...

I second the U.P. of Michigan! Beautiful!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or