U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:15 PM

6,558 posts, read 3,656,219 times

Advertisements

Only a strong rancid smell of garlic that came and went one night while in an old historic hotel. There was no garlic being used anywhere in the hotel...I asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 03:09 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,772 posts, read 54,408,375 times
Yes, the Palace Hotel in Port Townsend, WA. I thought I was nuts until my wife told me she had the same experience that night. It was only after we returned home and looked online that we found out about the reported activities there. Just a few months later the local paranormal society did some investigation there.

Port Townsend Hauntings, The Palace Hotel - HauntedHouses.com

Old 11-20-2016, 10:51 PM

39,530 posts, read 47,699,472 times
Yes, we stayed at the historical Copper Queen Hotel in Bisbee AZ. We had a good time. Here's their story.
https://www.hauntedrooms.com/product...-haunted-ghost

Old 11-21-2016, 10:52 AM

346 posts, read 460,558 times
Yes!!!

It was 5.99 to rent On Demand... I felt that was a bit steep.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:01 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,150,738 times
"Paranormal" is an invention of weak minds.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:11 AM

12,275 posts, read 18,397,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
"Paranormal" is an invention of weak minds.
For hotels it's a marketing gimmick, an excuse to raise the price by 25% or so for the more gullible amongst us.
After that you simply let a customers "confirmation bias" takes it's course and a fart from an adjoining room you hear through cheap walls becomes a "wailing ghost at night".

Old 11-25-2016, 08:24 AM

9,069 posts, read 9,500,095 times
Many years ago (I think the year 2000?) I was staying in an older motel in a small town called Monmouth, Illinois. It was July 4th weekend and my then husband's band had played in town (we lived about an hour away). Rather than risk drinking and driving, we decided to get a hotel in town for the night.

It was a one level motel, not likely remodeled in many, MANY years (still had shag carpet). It was unusual in that it had an interior hallway to the rooms AND an outside door to the parking lot. So, basically, 2 doors. The doors were lined up with each other so you could walk from the interior door right out to the outside door. This path crossed directly in front of the foot of the bed.

About 4 AM, I woke suddenly. I felt like there was someone in the room. It was dark but not pitch black from some outside streetlight light coming in through a gap in the window curtain. I could see just enough once my eyes had adjusted. I slowly sat up and at the end of the bed I saw a young woman. She appeared to be in mid-stride as if she had been walking from the interior door to the exterior door but had stopped suddenly when she saw me as if she was surprised I was there. She looked extremely real, but not fully 3 dimensional, if that makes sense. Like she was really there but not fully solid? (hard to explain) She had long blonde hair and was wearing clothes that looked to be from the late 80's/early 90's. (not too out of date but not current)

Time seemed to stand still for that moment as she was looking at me. I was too freaked out to move. She finally broke my gaze and continued to the outside door and was gone. The weird part (all of it was weird, really) was that I HEARD the door open and close, but it didn't open and close. I jumped out of bed and both doors were still locked and chained from the inside.

I woke my then-husband and told him what happened. He didn't see or hear a thing, of course. I have no idea what that was, but I can tell you it was so real it is hard to accept it was just a dream. I am not fully convinced that ghosts exist, but it was a very odd experience none the less!

Shivers as I type this. I can still picture the scene so clearly over 16 years later! I can see her face as if it was yesterday.

Last edited by ElleTea; 11-25-2016 at 08:37 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 17 days ago)

8,681 posts, read 10,833,943 times
The Hotel in Jerome, Arizona--forgot the name of it was reported as such. Former hospital. So, we check in and get a room. We stay in one, which is very peaceful to me. Next day I check out and the receptionist says the room you stayed in was where the Nursing Supervisors office was. Hmmm. At the time, I was a nursing supervisor at a Home Health Agency. I guess they were watching out for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or