U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 07:05 PM

4,417 posts, read 1,644,854 times

Advertisements

I think I did once.
It was somewhere in NJ, we stopped at a large size motel with a huge center yard.
They gave us a room in a corner.

A little while after we settled in the room, I had my left arm's hair raised by itself.

I immediately got conscious and felt some weird presence in the room.

I stood up in an offensive style, stood in the middle of the room, and looked around with an angry look on my face as if I was gonna attack and kill whatever it was.

lol I know, sounds crazy but - after a few minutes I felt something very quickly passed by me the room's slightly opened door got closed by itself with quite a bit of force.

I don't know what it was but I certainly know it was not normal.

I hardly slept that night and we immediately checked out after having breakfast in the next morning.

How about you guys?

Any weird, unexplained paranormal experience in hotel rooms, guest houses, Airbnb etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 08:29 PM

22,679 posts, read 28,720,526 times
Nope.

My family rented a house that was reputed to be haunted. Lived there for 3 years without any incident.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:54 AM

12,292 posts, read 18,409,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think I did once.
It was somewhere in NJ, we stopped at a large size motel with a huge center yard.

A little while after we settled in the room, I had my left arm's hair raised by itself.

I stood up in an offensive style, stood in the middle of the room, and looked around with an angry look on my face as if I was gonna attack and kill whatever it was.

lol I know, sounds crazy but - after a few minutes I felt something very quickly passed by me the room's slightly opened door got closed by itself with quite a bit of force.

I hardly slept that night and we immediately checked out after having breakfast in the next morning.

How about you guys?

Any weird, unexplained paranormal experience in hotel rooms, guest houses, Airbnb etc?
Read up about "confirmation bias".

But nope, took a tour once of what was claimed by supposed experts as the most haunted real estate in the world - the underground areas of Edinburgh. Nothing....
Maybe it was tea time of the ghosts...or maybe, just maybe, ghosts do not exist.

There is a paranormal forum in citydata that does explore this phenomena and if there is so much as a cold breeze that moves through a room I am sure they will certify it as Casper.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:30 AM

2,449 posts, read 4,435,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
There is a paranormal forum in citydata that does explore this phenomena and if there is so much as a cold breeze that moves through a room I am sure they will certify it as Casper.
But my camera totally captured some really 100% real spirit orbs! What? No of course it isn't just a dust particle!

Old 11-15-2016, 11:33 AM

8,255 posts, read 11,115,794 times
No.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:13 PM

12,292 posts, read 18,409,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
But my camera totally captured some really 100% real spirit orbs! What? No of course it isn't just a dust particle!
LOL....all I am saying is don't you dare go into a discussion in that forum suggesting that just maybe Bigfoot does not exist.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:20 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,889,480 times
Yes, in New Orleans but didn't bother me as it can't hurt you

Old 11-16-2016, 06:01 PM

25,019 posts, read 23,916,326 times
Default It was somewhere in NJ...

That explains it.

No, I've never stayed in a motel, hotel, B&B or Inn that had paranormal activity or even caused me to wonder.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:11 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,438,577 times
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think I did once.

How about you guys?

No, thank God, I've never experienced paranormal activity in a hotel room and pray I never will.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:34 PM

2,474 posts, read 905,088 times
Yes, two years ago at a B&B in New Orleans, which is one of the places reported to be haunted.

I hadn't been in bed more than a few minutes when there was a sharp "bounce" at the foot of the bed. I sat up and, of course, nothing. It wasn't my husband, who was deep in sleep, nothing fell, it wasn't a quake (imagine a bowling bowl dropping on it), and it wasn't a dream because I wasn't asleep. I knew that I finally had a paranormal exerience there.

We went there again this year and I told the proprietor about it. She asked me if it felt like it could have been a cat landing it and I said yes. Then she said that she had a big tabby cat that died several years ago and people have reported seeing it.

There were a few other things that occurred in that room over the 9 years we've been going there (same room) but this is the only one that left no doubt in my mind. Now, if that cat ghost started licking my feet then I probably would have ran out of the room!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or