U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 07:57 PM

4,800 posts, read 4,857,647 times

Advertisements

Hi looking for input on things that I should make a point to visit in Argentina and Brazil. We have never been and are looking for suggestions. Any input is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 05:29 AM

2,470 posts, read 2,108,937 times
How long will you be there?
We were there about 10 years ago and didn't have a lot of time. We spent close to a week in Buenos Aires which was wonderful, and also went to Iguasu Falls which is also a must in my opinion.
If I had more time I would have loved to see Mendoza and of course a lot more time- Patagonia.
It's truly a magnificent trip.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:22 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,283,905 times
If you have limited time, just do one country. Brazil for example is incredibly diverse and you can easily spend two weeks seeing totally different things. In Argentina, don't just do Buenos Aires. We went all the way to Ushuia and it was one of the most memorable trip.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:26 AM

2,214 posts, read 2,636,462 times
The Perito MorenoGlacier would be on my list for Argentina. Patagonia as a whole is just awesome from what I have heared and seen so far.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:37 AM

We haven't got an end date but 2 weeks is probably all my mother in law could stand.

Our travel agent was booking us to Rio but my wife would rather see Patagonia and the glaciers. Me I would rather see the beaches but I will defer to her because later I will get my way. That is why I am asking here. I would like to make the trip memorable for the wife and her mom.

The trouble is the time frame I am trying to set this up for. Here it will be the height of summer and there the depths of winter. I need to research the distances and locations so I can make an informed decision.

Oh BTW the falls are on the itinerary.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:36 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,283,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingduo View Post
We haven't got an end date but 2 weeks is probably all my mother in law could stand.

Our travel agent was booking us to Rio but my wife would rather see Patagonia and the glaciers. Me I would rather see the beaches but I will defer to her because later I will get my way. That is why I am asking here. I would like to make the trip memorable for the wife and her mom.

The trouble is the time frame I am trying to set this up for. Here it will be the height of summer and there the depths of winter. I need to research the distances and locations so I can make an informed decision.

Oh BTW the falls are on the itinerary.
Beaches are the same everywhere.
If you have two full weeks I guess two countries are doable. Spend a few days in the Amazon will be memorable, so are the glaciers. I found the national park of Tierra del Fuego underwhelming.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:47 PM

I am actually thinking that we might change out Rio for time in Peru. I think a flight to Lima and travel to Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca since they have snow capped mountains that my wife might like better.

The wife and I are opposites. She is an earth sign and I am a water sign. Together we make mud. Still after 36 years I think we are a great match. I wonder if a train trip would be a good choice there as well.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:51 PM

29,554 posts, read 16,514,027 times
If you like wine and wineries, go to Mendoza. It's a wonderful place.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:10 PM

2,862 posts, read 1,820,475 times
Iguazu Falls is a must-see in my opinion. I did this as part of a cruise and spent about 8 hours there which is not nearly enough. I plan on going back again and spending several days.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Iguazu Falls is a must-see in my opinion. I did this as part of a cruise and spent about 8 hours there which is not nearly enough. I plan on going back again and spending several days.
I agree with that and it is part of the trip. I am actually interested in staying longer in that area. Looking at the map I am seeing 4 different countries in the area. Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil and all inside a couple of hours drive from the falls. To me this makes that area a huge attraction.

The city of Foz Do Iguazu Brazil is someplace that might have things we would enjoy. I am looking at that area as a 4 day area. Peru could be another 4 or 5 days and we end and leave for home from Buenos Aires. I haven't worked out all the details but it sounds like the beginnings of a plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or