U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:04 AM

5,575 posts, read 8,928,636 times

Advertisements

I have a connection for a domestic flight into JFK. It will be on one of their smaller jets (Nashville to Rochester N.Y). In preparation for the flight I was looking at the Delta terminal at JFK and noticed they use two different terminals. If I am on a domestic flight will I have to use the shuttle between terminals or are all domestic flights in one terminal? I have one hour between flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 08:53 AM

9,135 posts, read 17,186,410 times
Delta T2 & T4 are interconnected by a AirSide (Inside security) Bus.

So 1Hr should be OK to connect between the terminal.

JFK International Airport Map : Delta Air Lines

Old 12-21-2016, 07:19 AM

Thanks flyonpa. I Have never been through JFK; seems like taking the bus between terminals would be a hassle. I will be on one of the regional jets so hopefully they all park at the same terminal and I won't have to take the bus.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:51 AM

Most (if not all) of the Regional Jets are in T4.

I checked today's flight DL4162&DL4191 both run out of T4.

FYI: There are Different Bus routes:

Delta run a Airside Bus between T2 and T4, So you don't have to re-clear security.

The NY & NJ Port Authority (Airport Operator) run the LandSide (Pre-Security) between all the terminals at JFK,

(While I never done the Delta T2/T4 Bus at JFK, I have at other airports, they seem to work well, The Airside buses run every few minutes in a loop between the points, and get you across the tarmac to the other concourses in 2/3 minutes vs 1+ hour to go landside, take shuttle, re-clear security. )

Old 12-21-2016, 10:37 AM

434 posts, read 300,003 times
I know the Rochester flights are definitely CR9s or E70/E75s, and I believe the Nashville flight these days is a E75 too. In that case you are really likely to be coming into the end of terminal 4. There will be minimal distance between gates most likely. However, they do sometimes send the E75s into terminal 3, which does require you to take a bus between terminals. Even in that case though you have ample time for the connection. Make sure you do not exit security! A recommendation - if you want to grab something to eat in between flights do so in terminal 4 - offerings in 3 aren't so hot.

You can use FlightAware - Flight Tracker / Flight Status / Flight Tracking, it shows you both the scheduled time and gates for your upcoming flight, as well as info for that same flight previous days, so you get an idea what usually happens (and even what route they normally take).

Old 12-21-2016, 12:10 PM

2,003 posts, read 4,401,803 times
Check the flight numbers, if they begun with a "4" they will be at terminal 4 at JFK. Terminal 4 at JFK is world class. You are going to love it.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Check the flight numbers, if they begun with a "4" they will be at terminal 4 at JFK. Terminal 4 at JFK is world class. You are going to love it.

There are 4xxx flight that go into / outof Delta other terminals also, The 4xxx has no basis of the terminal it will use. (But the 4xxx are used for one of its RJ "Partners" and most of the RJ are in T4)

Interestingly the physical Plane from BNA -> JFK is the same physical Plane that goes from JFK -> ROC today.

You still would have to get off, and then get back on it....

Old 12-21-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
There are 4xxx flight that go into / outof Delta other terminals also, The 4xxx has no basis of the terminal it will use. (But the 4xxx are used for one of its RJ "Partners" and most of the RJ are in T4)

Interestingly the physical Plane from BNA -> JFK is the same physical Plane that goes from JFK -> ROC today.

You still would have to get off, and then get back on it....
That would be nice. Thank you everyone for the information!

Old 12-22-2016, 02:10 PM

6,475 posts, read 6,198,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
4xxx flight numbers represent scheduled Delta Connection flights.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:46 AM

434 posts, read 300,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
4xxx flight numbers represent scheduled Delta Connection flights.

I believe all 4xxx flights are Skywest. Although a few might be Virgin codeshare numbers. 2xxx and 3xxx are mostly Shuttle America, which also operates from JFK. Some 3xxx flights are Endeavor, but I don't think they fly out of JFK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or