U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 04:08 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,902 posts, read 54,615,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Where in the park can I find this delicious chicken you speak of?
Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaurant, and many other shops are in front before you get into the amusement park, so you don't have to pay for a ticket. We always stop there for lunch or dinner when going to Disneyland. We found the Disneyland 3 day all park pass to be the best deal for going on rides. I can't imagine paying $90 for a day with no rides, seems too much for wandering around. Most of the rides are very calm, not like roller coasters except for maybe 3-4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 04:51 PM

2,601 posts, read 5,307,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
Question: is it worth going to places like Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm if you don't ride the rides?

Thanks.
I have been to this type of place...twice. Both times more or less involuntarily.

In my opinion the only reason to go is because you have kids that really want to go. Otherwise there are far better ways to spend your money.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:57 PM

725 posts, read 2,580,721 times
I had a Disneyland Annual Pass for 3 years when I was in my 20s. My then-bf and I made use of it as much as we could. When we didn't go to the park to ride the rides, we just went for dinner, or to watch the fireworks show or the parades. Adults can find some fun in the parks without having to do all the "kid" things. At the time, California Adventure also had a bar inside the park. But I have not been since they remodeled most of it.

Downtown Disney is also an option to just people-watch, without having to pay to go into the parks to not ride the rides.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:52 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,039,847 times
People watch in Miami airport, you will see the whole world go by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel