Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 10:45 AM

1,584 posts, read 981,453 times

Advertisements

Question: is it worth going to places like Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm if you don't ride the rides?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 03:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
Question: is it worth going to places like Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm if you don't ride the rides?

Thanks.
A LOT of locals go to both parks to walk and people watch. Those locals have annual passes, however. But if you're a Disney fan the vibe of the park is good and there are numerous non-rides shows and attractions that would probably appeal to you.

Is there a particular reason you wouldn't go on the rides?

Old 12-31-2016, 04:55 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,618,508 times
There is other entertainment besides the rides. Here is webpage for today (New Year's Eve).

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ent...nt/disneyland/

Old 01-01-2017, 10:18 AM

3,886 posts, read 3,503,278 times
Given their prices, I think there are many cheaper, more interesting people watching opportunities. Like what? Festivals, ethnic markets, public squares like Millennium Park in Chicago or Union Square in SF, or pretty much anywhere in Miami.

You would be getting the real deal, not some artificially crafted environment whose principle purpose is to separate you from your $. Have you ever priced Disney food or refreshments? (have you ever tasted them? Faux ethnic all over.) Entertainment? Only if you want to see "shows" that promote the Disney brand. These shows are not Broadway, not off off Broadway. Maybe closer to HS productions.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:30 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
It's kinda expensive to go if you don't go to ride the rides.

Disneyland (in Anaheim) is beautifully designed. Every corner is well thought out, so it is a lovely place to sight-see. Also there are things like the Parade of Lights and some interesting exhibits.

It's an amusement park, though, so odd to go to an amusement park if you don't like amusement parks. Many of the rides are very mild, or scenic, and they don't toss you around, so you might enjoy those.

Knotts Berry Farm used to sell the very best fried chicken dinner in the entire world. They probably still do. I don't know if you have to pay the admission fee to get to the restaurant.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:21 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
In Disney, not all "rides" are like roller coasters! Some actually have very little motion, but are fun as can be!

Old 01-04-2017, 11:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
I think this is like when someone goes to a seafood restaurant and orders chicken or a burger. You will be fed, you may even like the dish - but your seafood eating friends are getting the best bang for their buck, or benefit of the venue.

In a nutshell, there's plenty to do at a theme park besides go on the rides. If you don't plan to go on the rides you're better off financially with Knott's, the tickets are much cheaper.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:34 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Knotts Berry Farm used to sell the very best fried chicken dinner in the entire world. They probably still do. I don't know if you have to pay the admission fee to get to the restaurant.
Where in the park can I find this delicious chicken you speak of?

Old 01-07-2017, 12:58 PM

619 posts, read 575,230 times
Quote:

Thanks.
I haven't been to knotts berry farm but I have been to Disneyland(orlando) a few times. Personally, *i* wouldn't go there if I was just going to walk around and now go on the rides. Unless you have an annual pass. It's a lot of money to just walk aroumd. There are some job ride things like shows and revvues and of course the parade and fireworks but I wouldn't say those are worth $90

Old 01-07-2017, 12:58 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:

Thanks.
I think Disney and many other amusement theme parks are somewhat over rated. And the long lines at every ride/show really kills it for me.

The price is not truly worth it but depending on your family and kids wishes, you can go at least for once, and then decide if you would want to visit again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel