U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 09:15 AM

6,971 posts, read 12,498,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Horrible drivers are the tourists. I lived in Florida for 20 years. Every other car is like driving down I-4 swerving over the road with some Canadian looking for Disney World.
And the old folks, God bless them. 90 year old senior citizens retired in Florida driving all over Orlando and can't see over the steering wheel. The only thing worse is driving to Sarasota and Bradenton, as old as Orlando drivers are, there parents are alive and driving in Sarasota.
The ones you describe are the lesser of theproblems in Lakeland area. Get off at any of the Lakeland exits off I-4 and drive around.and you will quickly feel where the problems are coming from. I agree driving on any stretch of I-4 is suicide. I will not drive in Orlando and Tampa Bay area is another one. It's a disgrace the state has allowed things to get this bad. Lack of a enough highways. Hardly any police monitoring the awful driving. No real interest or push for proper public transit, other than some in Orlando. It's just to many cars and no other ways to move people down here. Its both and ignorance and arrogance not to address these problems. I'm concerned about the calibre of people and the abusive types behaviors I see driving here. It's not saying much for the standard of living here. You just never know when some low life will purposely tail gate you. purposely hit you for the insurance claim. Or just get mad follow you and shoot you. I don't think it's the whole state, but the I-4 area, and So Fla has some real nutters driving the roads. The amount driving around without insurance is scary enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 10:12 AM

9,893 posts, read 3,280,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBABaller22 View Post
I hear negative things about Florida that guns are legal and stuff, we are booking for a week and wanted to know how is it there, were heading to Orlando and especially after the 2 mass shootings we wanted to know if it is really safe still for people to travel to that same city?
This is CITY DATA!!!!!

the whole point of this site is that it provides data about the USA and the various cities in it.

YOU can simply view the stats and how FL or the city your are going to compares with where you live....

super easy...

Old 01-17-2017, 10:58 AM

2,702 posts, read 3,746,904 times
Smh

Old 01-17-2017, 11:14 AM

10,524 posts, read 8,775,701 times
Alligators.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:19 AM

2,456 posts, read 2,012,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Alligators.

yep!

Huge gator spotted taking stroll in Florida reserve | Fox News

Old 01-17-2017, 11:56 AM

9,255 posts, read 8,318,049 times
Nope! Florida is a very unsafe place.

I am currently typing this while hiding under my bed.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:18 PM

3,515 posts, read 4,965,936 times
Be careful walking, or cycling in Florida. Fort Myers-Cape Coral has the highest pedestrian death rate in the USA, by far. The Orlando area has the USA's second-worst. Roads tend to be very wide and poorly designed, and there is a lack of sidewalks and bike-friendly features.

If you're in Orlando, the ghettoist area is Orange Blossom Trail (highway 192) near downtown.

Florida is 800 miles long (from Pensacola to Key West) by the way, so there is wide variation among its different regions.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:40 PM

4,315 posts, read 2,529,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why in the world would someone be worried about a legal gun. It's the illegal ones already where you live you need to worry about.
Yup, I'll bet most murders are committed by felons who are not owning a gun legally.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:42 PM

5,300 posts, read 3,517,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Be careful walking, or cycling in Florida. Fort Myers-Cape Coral has the highest pedestrian death rate in the USA, by far. The Orlando area has the USA's second-worst. Roads tend to be very wide and poorly designed, and there is a lack of sidewalks and bike-friendly features.

If you're in Orlando, the ghettoist area is Orange Blossom Trail (highway 192) near downtown.

Florida is 800 miles long (from Pensacola to Key West) by the way, so there is wide variation among its different regions.
Orange Blossom Trail near Downtown is Highway 17-92, and that is hardly the most ghetto area. In fact, that area is under major redevelopment.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:52 PM

12,310 posts, read 18,429,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Orange Blossom Trail near Downtown is Highway 17-92, and that is hardly the most ghetto area. In fact, that area is under major redevelopment.
OBT south of downtown used to be a tough place back a couple decades ago. Industrial area with run down neighborhoods (and a spattering of working class housing developments). Strip joints and hookers prowling the street at night.
Glad to hear they are cleaning that up.

But, regarding this thread, which is silly - tourists don't really visit Orlando anyways, they all hang at Lake Buena Vista area or International Drive and think it's Orlando, although it's way south of Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or