Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,383 times

Advertisements

I hear negative things about Florida that guns are legal and stuff, we are booking for a week and wanted to know how is it there, were heading to Orlando and especially after the 2 mass shootings we wanted to know if it is really safe still for people to travel to that same city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 07:51 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBABaller22 View Post
I hear negative things about Florida that guns are legal and stuff, we are booking for a week and wanted to know how is it there.
no, it's good about the guns cuz of the giant snakes and cannibals

Old 01-17-2017, 04:54 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
I hear negative things about Florida that guns are legal and stuff, we are booking for a week and wanted to know how is it there, were heading to Orlando and especially after the 2 mass shootings we wanted to know if it is really safe still for people to travel to that same city?

Of course guns are legal...this is the US is it not?

Orlando is no different than other major city..it has it good areas and it's bad areas...stay out of the bad areas and your odds of being a victim are low. Not the crime doesn't happen everywhere, it does...it happens in your home town as well. But, the choice is yours. Stay home and lock yourself in or come to Orlando and have a good time.

The shooting at the nightclub in Orlando was a premeditated act...they were targeted...he knew what he was doing and planned it down to the T. They just arrested this wife for her involvement in it.

The shooting at the Lauderdale airport was random...that guy is just plain crazy and I blame our own govt for this one going postal.

Not sure why you'd think it would be safer for those living here than for those who don't? do you wear a shirt that says, "I'm a tourist....rob/kill/shoot/attack me now"??

Old 01-17-2017, 04:55 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
no, it's good about the guns cuz of the giant snakes and cannibals
Don't forget the giant gators that hunt people down for sport.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Lots of guns and people itching to use them, lots of gators snakes and poisonous insects,sharks await if you go in the ocean,.
How safe is it? feeling lucky?

Old 01-17-2017, 06:08 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
It is probably just about as safe as most other places in the USA.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:16 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
You can't be serious.
"Guns are legal and stuff"...LOL, yeah it's called the 2nd Amendment of The Constitution of the United States.

If you are serious, you are astronomically more likely to get hurt on your way to the airport to travel to Orlando, or in your drive to Orlando.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:16 AM

401 posts, read 426,643 times
Do not worry about guns, as other have said that are in our culture.

DO Worry about the crazy drivers, they are nuts, in the left lane better be doing 85mph. Also nonstop traffic no matter the time of day, allow enough time to get where you are going. Beware of everyone on cell phones while they drive, they are NOT looking at for/you. Stopped at a traffic light it changes the guy 3 cars ahead of you will not notice the light has changed until it is orange and runs the red light , you get to sit another 5-8 minutes for the light to change again. If you are approaching a light that has just turned green be careful. I spend last winter in FL and it was eye opening given I live in the Philly area, not exactly in the middle of nowhere.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:23 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Why in the world would someone be worried about a legal gun. It's the illegal ones already where you live you need to worry about.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:49 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
I'd be worried about driving here, and I can't stress that enough. Road rage and just horrible drivers. You also have to be aware they are driving with guns in the car. Many are trashy enough to just shoot another driver they get mad at. That and alot of hit and run drivers in this state. These problems can be worse from region to region of this state. You can probably figure out why. Just be careful driving around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel