U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 02:41 AM

4,417 posts, read 1,646,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I usually don't put Russia as East Europe. Russia is Russia and in reality a small percentage of it lies in Europe.
Russia fascinates me too, an incredibly culturally rich nation few countries can match up to, but I will visit it another time. Two friends of mine visited Russia last year.
St. Petersburg is one of the top destinations. Rich history, culture, architect, Museum etc. But then again, you will be putting your life at risk if you are not white.

There are way too many young white Russian men who are out of work and they have joined Neo Nazi groups to take out there frustration on people of color.

There have been continuously brutal attacks all over northern Russia on people with dark skin. The police is non-existing to care about such hate crimes.

If you are not weak at heart, you can watch some videos on YT as these fascist gangs record the brutal beating and post it on YT.

10 to 15 men ganging up on a poor soul who could be a foreign student or a tourist, and beating the bones out of him. It's horrible in Russia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 04:58 PM

3,505 posts, read 4,961,296 times
Quote:
I usually don't put Russia as East Europe. Russia is Russia and in reality a small percentage of it lies in Europe.
Not true at all. The entire 25% of Russia that's west of the Ural Mountain range, is defined as part of Europe. Actually, most of Russia's population lives in that western 25%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

Last edited by slowlane3; 01-26-2017 at 05:07 PM..

Old 01-29-2017, 10:00 PM

2,549 posts, read 1,640,418 times
The Dalmatian coast of Croatia is beautiful. I love Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korcula, etc.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:18 AM

1 posts, read 486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
St. Petersburg is one of the top destinations. Rich history, culture, architect, Museum etc. But then again, you will be putting your life at risk if you are not white.

There are way too many young white Russian men who are out of work and they have joined Neo Nazi groups to take out there frustration on people of color.

There have been continuously brutal attacks all over northern Russia on people with dark skin. The police is non-existing to care about such hate crimes.

If you are not weak at heart, you can watch some videos on YT as these fascist gangs record the brutal beating and post it on YT.

10 to 15 men ganging up on a poor soul who could be a foreign student or a tourist, and beating the bones out of him. It's horrible in Russia!
I agree as far as St.Petersburg has a rich cultural heritage and its well worth-visiting especially if you're into historical places and sites, gorgeous palaces.
As for Nazi gangs of young men raging on the street is not really true now. Most of such organizations are legally forbidden.
There's basically no risk if you're a peaceful tourist. Yes, in some places tourists might not be welcomed but its mostly uptown districts. Just dont get off the well-trodden path and you'll be ok.
I remember travelling with a couple of friends, we settled down near Nevsky prospekt, a bit off the prospekt on Italyanskaya st. We rented an apartment and it turned out there was a night club below us called Zavist. We could see men gather beside this place and there was no fighting ot sorting things out but once. My russian pal said it was quite safe on the street unlike years ago and I believe it so. One evening we even crashed this place. it was a decent strip club with erotic dance shows and stuff. Everyone guessed we foreigners but none expressed hostile attitude or something. On the contrary, people in general are polite and helpful no matter where you are if you treat them accordingly. Hence. no mafia my friend)

Old 02-07-2017, 02:46 AM

3,945 posts, read 2,218,984 times
Quote:
Russia fascinates me too, an incredibly culturally rich nation few countries can match up to, but I will visit it another time. Two friends of mine visited Russia last year.
I understand why you would say that but 38% of Europe is inside of Russia, about 4 million km2 (300,000 km2 less than the EU)

Old 02-07-2017, 03:54 AM

1,422 posts, read 427,105 times
Quote:

This does not tak.Takih characters completely tiny amount actually all of them in UT))
If you do not behave arrogantly, aggressively and provocatively, the problems did not budet.V Russia virtually no "danger areas", find the trouble, it is necessary to work hard.

Something like that..))

Old 02-08-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
This does not tak.Takih characters completely tiny amount actually all of them in UT))
If you do not behave arrogantly, aggressively and provocatively, the problems did not budet.V Russia virtually no "danger areas", find the trouble, it is necessary to work hard.

Something like that..))
I would suggest you watch a few YouTube videos of such attacks and figure out who is behaving how?

Am I asking anyone not to visit Russia for tourism? Absolutely not.

I am only giving a friendly suggestion to potential tourists to stay abreast with what could be important for their safety.
The probability of racial hostility against you is high if you are a person of color in North Western Russia.

This is based on my experience and my knowledge. Someone else may have a different experience and knowledge; however, please do watch a few videos on YT. )

Old 02-08-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
I would suggest you watch a few YouTube videos of such attacks and figure out who is behaving how?

Am I asking anyone not to visit Russia for tourism? Absolutely not.

I am only giving a friendly suggestion to potential tourists to stay abreast with what could be important for their safety.
The probability of racial hostility against you is high if you are a person of color in North Western Russia.

This is based on my experience and my knowledge. Someone else may have a different experience and knowledge; however, please do watch a few videos on YT. )

Yeah) Several videos on YouTube, it's all you need to know da.Vy can not imagine what a video on YouTube about the United States, in alignment with Russia, where the Africans and other non-whites just kill, with the police and ever .For us in Russia is It looks wildly .In Russia no 1/100 of racism that exist in the US, and judging by YouTube, so you there is hell.))

Old 02-09-2017, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Yeah) Several videos on YouTube, it's all you need to know da.Vy can not imagine what a video on YouTube about the United States, in alignment with Russia, where the Africans and other non-whites just kill, with the police and ever .For us in Russia is It looks wildly .In Russia no 1/100 of racism that exist in the US, and judging by YouTube, so you there is hell.))
Yep, YT videos should give you some insight as you may not be a whole interested in actually MEETING with some people who actually got brutally beaten (including having a blistering hot clothing iron being put on the bare chest a Medical student JUST BECAUSE he was an Indian) as I have visited Russia (St. Petersburg), and actually MET many people of color who all agreed that they don't go out alone anymore. They must travel in groups or else they can get jumped on.

Now, you may think differently? You sure can!

Old 02-09-2017, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Yep, YT videos should give you some insight as you may not be a whole interested in actually MEETING with some people who actually got brutally beaten (including having a blistering hot clothing iron being put on the bare chest a Medical student JUST BECAUSE he was an Indian) as I have visited Russia (St. Petersburg), and actually MET many people of color who all agreed that they don't go out alone anymore. They must travel in groups or else they can get jumped on.

Now, you may think differently? You sure can!
Are you sure you do not mistake?
It's just about modern Russia? What you're talking about, it was possible 15-20 years nazad.Poka not put things in order with criminals and nationalist teenage gruppirovkami.Seychas all changed dramatically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or