U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 02:28 PM

2,013 posts, read 4,993,382 times

Advertisements

Yep, kids running on hardwood floors at 10:00 PM on the floor above us, drunkfest post wedding or post reunion parties in adjoining rooms or in the hallway areas close to our room.

We called the front desk and asked them if they would/could check it out, it was taken care of quickly and an apology made when we checked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 10:00 PM

30,323 posts, read 27,784,053 times
I had one bad night out of three or four nights stay and the manager/desk-clerk comped a night's room fee from the total bill which was nice. I've stayed at this lodge both before and after the "night from hell" and never had a problem. It appeared to have been a wedding party that got out of hand on that noisy night when I had to call the police because I couldn't get a call to the front desk or the manager/owner. The police stopped the noise on their second visit to the room when I called them on the second time.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:50 AM

9,069 posts, read 9,500,095 times
I haven't had any issues that I can think of, even in Las Vegas where you might expect some noise.

What I DON'T understand, though, are people who post bad reviews for a hotel such as Four Queens in downtown Vegas, saying they couldn't sleep from the noise. Ya think? The property is located literally next to a main outdoor stage that has music until 1 AM.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:51 PM

3,686 posts, read 1,866,292 times
Earplugs. Don't leave home without them. Ever.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:23 PM

2,440 posts, read 1,060,930 times
Ear plugs - fans - TV if necessary. I agree with a PP about the big gap under the hall door, and people talking in the hallway. What's up with that? (the gap, I mean. I understand why people talk.)

I almost always stay in Hampton Inn and they do have the guarantee.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:12 PM

3,850 posts, read 9,438,969 times
I have never understood why people think it's OK to have parties and make a lot of noise in a place where the primary purpose is to sleep! I've had my share of noisy neighbors and I always come prepared for the worst. I set the fan to on if I can and and I bring heavy duty ear plugs. I've never had a situation where those two things didn't help and I had to call the front desk, thankfully.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:51 PM

3,294 posts, read 1,559,725 times
To be totaly blunt, I have my curfew, and it is midnight. Keep it down. Bring some ear plugs next time if you are so sensitive.

If this was your apartment rental back home, there would not be much you can do during normal hours. Would you call the cops back home?

All this call the front desk for a noisy flight crew or rowdy kids, you have to use some judgement.
Or even the couple having sex in the next room, they paid too.

Unless is a boombox or pounding or making noise at my door, i try to let it go.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:00 AM

12,582 posts, read 7,530,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I will complaint to management, even if I just stay one night. I might not complain until I check out the next morning, but I let them know, and my yelp review will mention it, and if the management did anything about it.
How is management supposed to take care of the problem if you don't let them know until you check out? By then, it is too late for them to do anything about the noisy guests.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:58 PM

2,069 posts, read 3,502,348 times
Sometimes, yes. I turn the air handler fan on (rather than auto) to mask most of the noise. If it goes on for long or gets out of hand I will call the front desk, but that's pretty rare. I've even had the front desk called on me once or twice when I was hosting a noisy after-conference party.

But I've only ever asked to be moved once. I swear I thought the man next door was murdering his wife/girlfriend/companion/roommate. She was yelling and screaming as if in distress (no, not in ecstasy) for quite a while. I finally called the front desk to alert them to the situation. Security paid my neighbor a visit but after they left the screaming resumed. Then I began to worry that the guy would figure out who called for security and come after me and my wife. So I got dressed and visited the front desk in person. They were very understanding and immediately gave me a new room on a different floor. I went back up, my wife and I packed our things, and we left in a big hurry. I didn't tell her our new room or even our new floor until we were way far away from the old room, so that no one could overhear it. The whole things was very troubling.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 PM

2,901 posts, read 1,583,756 times
Once you start to travel regularly after awhile you realize that among other things earplugs should always be packed (along with an eye mask, antiseptic wipes & Immodium).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or