U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 04:45 AM

1,431 posts, read 1,993,077 times

Advertisements

I apologize if this question sounds a bit elementary but it is something I would like to know.

For a scheduled early morning flight departure, do you typically need to make a reservation with the front desk to use the complementary shuttle? If so, is it something one typically does at check-in the day prior? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 05:06 AM

32,149 posts, read 33,059,143 times
I think this something you should ask the receptionist at the front desk of the hotel when you check-in (as this may vary from hotel to hotel).

Old 01-27-2017, 07:01 AM

9,084 posts, read 9,534,549 times
My experience has been that the airport shuttle leaves in intervals, like every 20 minutes or something, so you just show up out front and wait for the next one.

That being said, I would also ask the hotel specifically. If your flight is very early, you want to find out if the shuttle is 24 hours or if they have specific hours, too, in case you need to leave before they start running.

Often the details of the shuttle are listed on the website for the hotel.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:18 AM

15,109 posts, read 19,078,518 times
Different hotels have different policies and schedules. Ask them directly.

Years ago, I had a very early am flight. Turned out that I needed to leave for the airport before the shuttle service started. I ended up having to take and pay for a taxi.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:22 AM

9,131 posts, read 17,182,746 times
Yes, You should ask/tell the front desk at check-in what time you expect to take the shuttle.

Some Airport Hotel Do Not do 24x7 Shuttles, Especially if the airport does not have a "24x7" schedule. Often the Shuttles end about 1hr after the last flight of the night comes in, and 2hr before the 1st flight goes out.

Hotel also often share a shuttle with several hotel under same "Parent" Flag, The Marriott Shuttle, May also stop at Courtyard, The Fairfield, Etc.

Some do have a passenger "list" for the early morning shuttles, Since there are a lot of people going out in as small time frame. There are only so many seats on the Shuttle/Bus, If its full then you wait for the next one, or for it to make its return cycle. The "list" help ensure you have a seat around the time you need it, and they don't fill it up at the 1st stop (Hotel), and skip your hotel that cycle. If the hotel(s) are used by Crews, on some of the big Wide Bodies, Just the Crew could fill a bus, since the Airlines give the hotel lots of room nights, they will get on the Shuttle before you, even if you are in line before them/

Old 01-27-2017, 10:55 AM

6,166 posts, read 6,335,649 times
I have seen hotels that require you to sign up the night before even if running on a set schedule. Others that are first come first serve.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:00 AM

6,166 posts, read 6,335,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post

Hotel also often share a shuttle with several hotel under same "Parent" Flag, The Marriott Shuttle, May also stop at Courtyard, The Fairfield, Etc.

Anymore it does not even have to be hotels under the same "Parent" flag. I now often see hotel owners that own hotels from multiple competing hotel chains. If the properties are close to each other the same shuttle may service all of them.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:51 AM

609 posts, read 379,334 times
There's nothing to lose by telling the front desk that you'll want to use the shuttle in the morning, so why not?

I always make sure to tell the front desk, no matter what time I'm leaving. Some hotels have shuttles that leave regularly, but I want to know at what intervals so I can be out front waiting in time to catch my flight. Others may only send the shuttle out when there is demand, so I have to tell them or I'll be without a ride.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:28 PM

2,558 posts, read 1,652,340 times
Policies are very varied. You need to talk with the reception.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:31 PM

2,013 posts, read 5,003,946 times
We always ask at check in if we need to sign up for a time slot or what time and intervals the shuttle will run. They are usually helpful and knowledgeable about lead time for domestic and international flights and keeping track of how many people will need to be moved in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or