U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 08:01 PM

4,417 posts, read 1,644,854 times

Advertisements

What are some of your least favorite airports and what kinda experience did you have there?

My least experience would be O'Hare.
Terrible experience with security and flight scheduling.

Also, had to wait inside the plane for more than an hour at Laguardia. The runway was too busy and we had 21 planes ahead of us in the queue to take off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 11:11 PM

473 posts, read 326,911 times
Hartsfield Atlanta first time flying Southwest Airlines. I've never had a group of crazy customers able to yell fat comments about me while waiting to board the plane and nothing done. Then the employees joined in on calling me names. Was called 'therapy' loudly by the nasty customers....

Old 02-02-2017, 12:38 PM

3,741 posts, read 7,038,937 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8LaT5Iiwo4

Louis CK has a great bit about complaining about air travel...starts about 2:30 in this clip. "Oh really, what happened next? Did you fly through the air, incredibly like a bird? Did you partake in the miracle in the miracle of flight...?" "You're sitting in a chair, in the sky!"

With that big acknowledgment out of the way, I have to say Miami has always been a bad airport for me as I'm usually catching international flights out of MIA. Always seems to be lots of construction and general confusion by passengers. Maybe the construction is over now and it's more logical for folks.

Have had a number of annoying delays, etc. But a bit of praise for an incident at Salt Lake City flying Delta a couple years back. There was a mechanical issue with the plane, we had to deboard. Delta had complimentary snacks and drinks for us while we waited about an hour for the new plane to be prepped. Then free drinks while we were on the flight too. It wasn't a huge inconvenience, but certainly made better by good customer service.

Last edited by DonCorleone; 02-02-2017 at 12:47 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 01:44 PM

3,692 posts, read 1,869,692 times
Probably San Francisco. I had a ticket from Seattle to DFW. The workers decided to strike so I was stuck in SanFran for about 20 hours.

Nightmare.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 AM

1,179 posts, read 659,607 times
Punta Cana in August. The check-in for American Airlines was BRUTALLY slow, and the check-in is open-air with no AC. We stood for over an hour in the sweltering Caribbean heat just waiting to check in.

Coming through customs at JFK is never a fun experience either.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:05 AM

17 posts, read 14,505 times
Coming back to New York from England and being told my visa had expired as it was written 3/7/16 as MM/DD/YY but my countryman wouldnt let me board the plane.

Held for 2 hrs and had to be immigration involved :?

Old 02-03-2017, 11:39 AM

6,156 posts, read 6,324,492 times
Probably the worst for me is Hong Kong. We had to crew rest there before heading back to the U.S.. When it was time to go back to the jet they let the pilots and the mechanic thru but refused to let me go thru. The kept insisting I was not a crew member. Even after showing my crew ID and the crew manifest with my name on it they refused to let me go out to the jet. Finally I demanded to know why they thought I was not part of the crew. They responded it was because I did not have a white shirt and tie on. I tried to tell them the blue polo, with the airline name and logo on it, was my uniform. No luck. Finally I told the local company that was going to load the cargo on our jet that I was going back to the hotel and to call me when the airport authorities decided they should let me out to the jet. I maybe went 15 feet when they came running after me saying it was now ok for me to go thru.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:19 AM

22,679 posts, read 28,720,526 times
I've had a couple of very long delays due to weather, but that isn't the airport's fault, even of it wasn't much fun and they didn't have chairs for any but a small fraction of the people waiting.

Scandinavian Airlines lost my walker. Not once but twice, on both legs of the journey. Plus they lost my luggage so my entire trip was lived in one set of clothes that got pretty rank. I don't think that was the airports fault.

Every airport was over-crowded and difficult to get around in because of the crowded conditions.

I had to pay $8 for a bottle of water at O'Hare, which didn't make me very happy.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:16 PM

7,738 posts, read 9,030,452 times
San Jose, Costa Rica and O'Hare while dealing with that lazy excuse of an airline known as United. No fault of the airport itself, but that's been my worst experience in an airport.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:23 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,783,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattalk1 View Post
Hartsfield Atlanta first time flying Southwest Airlines. I've never had a group of crazy customers able to yell fat comments about me while waiting to board the plane and nothing done. Then the employees joined in on calling me names. Was called 'therapy' loudly by the nasty customers....
Ex AirTran people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or