U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 11:55 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,305,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
botticelli, you can't know more than I about my own trip. Where did I say my luggage was overweight? I didn't. And since you seem to bend backwards to defend Spirit, how do you justify the same luggage going one way for $40 and coming back for $80? And you are also wrong about free seats. There aren't any. EVERY available seat I could choose had a price tag on it.
You get a "free seat" by not selecting one. Let them assign. It's pretty darn simple really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Spirit charges for carry on bag now.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...aggage+charges
Not if it fits under the seat. I got a whole long weekend of clothes in mine.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Huh? You do realize Spirit (as well as Southwest, Frontier and Allegiant, the other low-costers), for all their crappy service, have never had a hull loss or a passenger fatality due to an accident?
Right. These kind of comments are stupid. Someone has a bad experience and all hell breaks loose. I've flown a ton and have had bad experiences on just about all of them at one time or another. The funniest thing to me is when the fees and how to work the system are AS CLEAR AS DAY on the website, and people are still shocked and complain.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:09 PM

5,490 posts, read 3,909,960 times
I flew them once last year. I knew it would be "budget" (and have great memories of People's Express days). But this was ridiculous.
The seating is beyond uncomfortable for anyone taller than average height.
The "humor" that they incessantly use gets old fast. It's obvious that it's the way they are trying to make a profit (by using humor). I watch comedy shows for my humor, thanks.
The worst part was when the plane's computer system would not work prior to take off. (And it was a fairly new plane). They brought multiple people on board for almost two hours to fix it, then finally said "we think we have most of it figured out" and took off..... ay yi yi.
That delay made us miss our connection and we had to stay overnight in Boston. I called Spirit to get proof of the delay, so I could charge our travel insurance. They are based out of south Florida and none of the customer service representatives spoke English even halfway decently, so they could not help me figure out their completely non-working website to get the proof. I literally could not understand them. So I gave up.

Never again!

Old 02-06-2017, 12:11 PM

922 posts, read 720,806 times
With Spirit, I only fly direct flights I should add.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:14 PM

3,804 posts, read 2,680,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
It's obvious that it's the way they are trying to make a profit (by using humor). I watch comedy shows for my humor, thanks.
So...do they charge per joke or something?

Old 02-06-2017, 12:33 PM

5,490 posts, read 3,909,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
So...do they charge per joke or something?

No, lol...........it's more like, "we will offer truly crappy service, but telling a ton of cheesy jokes will make up for it and keep them coming back".

Old 02-06-2017, 12:36 PM

3,804 posts, read 2,680,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
No, lol...........it's more like, "we will offer truly crappy service, but telling a ton of cheesy jokes will make up for it and keep them coming back".
Yeah, I really don't think that's their business model. From what I hear, SouthWest tells better jokes anyways.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
With Spirit, I only fly direct flights I should add.
Correct. Direct Flights only. Don't want to get stuck somewhere. If you learn the game it works fine.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:22 PM

6,312 posts, read 6,967,264 times
I flew Spirit on one round trip and would fly again. Flying Allegiant in one week. And would certainly fly Frontier as well. All three are similar types of airline...cheaper, more hassles and more fees, and potential for disastrous delays or cancellation. With all that in mind, if the right route is at enough of a discount and I do not NEED to be on time (or there at all lol) then I have no worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or