U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:06 AM

1,476 posts, read 805,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
My husband and I booked our 9 night trip to Spain in may. We are trying to figure out the best intinerary. We are not museum people. We love seeing new towns and exploring and eating. Which sounds better ?
Option 1
-Fly in to Madrid, train to Seville for 3 nights - day trip to Córdoba
-Drive from Seville to Ronda stopping in grazelema and Zahara -spend 1 night
- drive to Granada through antequera- 2 nights
- fly to Madrid - 3 nights w day trip to Toledo

Fly home
Option 2
Fly in to Madrid, train to Seville for 3 nights - day trip to Córdoba
-Drive from Seville to Granada stopping in grazelema and Zahara or Ronda or all -spend 2 nights
- fly to Madrid - 4 nights w day trip to Toledo
Fly home

Any help is appreciated ! Thanks !

Madrid - rent a car and gerd north, Galicia, Asturias, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 05:48 AM

573 posts, read 409,766 times
Spain is the most diverse country you can that imagine .There are 4 Spains that you will have the is same impressions as if you visited 4 different Continents in few Km,.because are radically different of climate of geography,architeCture etc

1)The northern .The- called green Spain is situated in the middle of Great mountains it is a species of Austrian Tyrol next to the Cantabrico Sea .- This area has cities that are rich.industrial very clean with an extraordinary gastronomy with a temperate climate but, there rains, and by this reason , there is less tourism of many foreigners, because they only are obssesed only with of Sun of the Spain Mediterranean.- .

But however there is more tourism of the Spanish people.-

There he began to reconquer and his warriors moved to the South, little to little during 800 years creating Castles and walled cities in Castilla why that it is called place of the Castles ,.

There is wonderful Cities as San sebastian who has more michelin Stars than Paris,Bilbao,Santander,Oviedo,la Coruña,santiago de Compostela etc

2)Castilla this in of the Center of Spain.-it is a flat plateau with extreme climate full of thousands of Castles(aproximately 4200) that were constructed as it was in the reconquest against the Muslims and with many medieval cities impressive by their Cathedrals with walls like ,Salamanca ,Avila ,Segovia,Burgos,Toledo etc And maybe that is why it is stopping in Centuries ago and it has that charm of old times of centuries of the middle Age .
Is a Zone quite uninhabited because people have migrated to the Coast and to Madrid in the XX century.-

And in the middle as a Island this located Madrid, that welcomes the Spaniards of all regions and that has a variety of gastronomy and mentalities of great sympathy that make it a charming much city that needs to a few time to fall in love with she .But then they she has a phenomenon that usually fallen in love with thousands of foreigners who dream of living there.-

I WILL CONTINUE THIS INFORMATION IN ANOTHER MESSAGE , IN OTHER MOMENT , WITH THE 3ª y 4ª AREAS OF SPAIN.--

Old 02-12-2017, 07:24 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,281,099 times
^ Spain is a beautiful country with several different regions, but to say it is the most diverse country you can imagine is a bit ridiculous. Just off the top of my head there are more than one countries that are far more diverse geographically than Spain.

However, please provide more information on the north of Spain. Most travellers only visit a few major cities such as Barcelona and Madrid and the south. The north is largely neglected.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:07 PM

1,491 posts, read 416,558 times
We spent three glorious weeks this past October traveling independently in Spain. Flew into Madrid, Madrid is a dream for lovers of art museums. Toledo is also history and the cathedral. Córdoba was beyond what I expected. We stayed outside the Tourist area in a great square with a tower that chimed as a classical guitar strum. Spent four days in Seville. Just soaking in flamenco in Bario Cruz and exploring on foot. Then we picked up a car for a week and stayed in Rhonda and Granada. Very exotic and enthralling. Bring you camera! Dropped the car off in Valencia which is a real foodie city. Best city market I have ever explored. Train to Barcelona where we met up with friends for four days before taking a transatlantic cruise home. Unforgettable vacation, very affordable and so much history, culture, food and lovely people. So much fun to plan.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 PM

Boticelli

Thank you for your coment .I have that think, that there is a misunderstanding.-

I did not say that Spain is the most diverse country in the World in its Geography ,But if , that it is one of the most diverse in a Few km(ie of the size of Spain)and I do not mean geography alone (because it would be absurd to compare them with almost continents like uSA that he has all the possible geographies)but also to a set to things like the type of houses ,the Economic ,the climate ,the gastronomy ,the languages,the folklore,of art ,From the romanic,the Gotico ,muslim etc etc.-

I have visited many time , all the countries of the Europe the size of Spain and they are very homogeneus compared to Spain.
As you know too, because , since you also know them, and surely you will agree on this.- .-

Finally a single example if you know Galicia and compare it with Andalucia you will no tell me you that they have some similarity in so many things as I have commented.-

Old 02-12-2017, 01:09 PM

isstarling

Thank you very much for your comment .-As Boticheli says,even he is missing to you. the North of Spain in places
where you eat extraordinarily well and the cities have the charm of the "Belle Epoque"with beautiful beaches in san sebastian and santander where of Kings and nobility were of summer vacations in all the whole of XX Century.-

And in areas when the wonderful mountains Cantabricas they are most next of beaches in Europe. For example in Asturias and Cantabria in cities as ,Oviedo,santader etc.-

And still lack a trip to Castilla to see castles and cities wonderful ,of others times , like Avila ,Segovia o Salamanca.
Salamanca one of the 3 oldest universities in the World with a student atmosphere(35 ooo student of all Europe) and many wonderful buildings renancentists, golden.-

Old 02-12-2017, 01:36 PM

8 posts, read 3,166 times
[quote=StealthRabbit;47156086]Barcelona, San Sebastian & Bilboa are NOT SPAIN Just ask a local!!! They HATE the Spanish They killed their grandfathers and raped their grandmothers

The above is NOT true. Although there are parts of Spain that dislike the central government and Madrid, it is a minority opinion. They are loud but that's about it. It's like people in the US not liking New York or DC . There is a lot of complaining about NY and DC from the rest of the US, but the vast majority of locals do not hate people from there.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:43 PM

2,184 posts, read 4,203,378 times
Either plan looks good. It's true that there are other nice cities to visit, but you have limited time, don't want to spend all of your time in transport, and will enjoy focusing on a handful of reasonably proximate places.

I quite love Madrid, but two days will give you a chance to get a sense of the basic layout of the city center. Even if you're not museum people, a trip to the Prado is very much worth it.

Be sure to purchase entrance tickets to the Alhambra in advance (online). If you wait until the day of, or even a day or two beforehand, you may find yourself out of luck.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:58 PM

i will try continue my post about the 4 parts of Spain ,.-

3)Andalucia.-which has unique cities in the world a Cities of a universal romantic legend.
Granada and Seville and many others that would make , this post endless,.

Andalucia has a architecture of white villages that is completely different of North and Centre of Spain.
Also there is Malaga and Marbella capital of Coast of the Sun of the ports of yachts,beaches and of maximun luxury,and mansions in port Banus etc etc .-

4)The Mediterrean area more of the north has cities as Barcelona that has a architecture of several geniouses as Gaudi,A city when many architects visit as the Meca of architecture modern.-And Valencia with the City of Arts of Calatrava that is spectacular exhibition of current architecture with things like the greater Aquarium of Europe ,etc etc .It is a Area also of wonderful beaches.-

The Balearic Islands are in this area ,Mallorca.Menorca and Ibiza where many young people from all over Europe come from holidays with to wonderful beaches and a party halls impresive, and ,full of beautiful and many yachts etc etc

This is just a very general idea.---., For example There is , places like in Granada that is full of treasures that tourists rarely visit .It is a incredible city.-

And Madrid many tourists believe they know and they is not have idea.-Only the Escorial and the Royal Palace that is the largest of Europe is much more largest that Versalles and that it is full of treasures(Is about to open a museum giant to display these treasures royal,Carriages,jewelry ,watches,furniture etc etc Other thing the Convent Of the Royal Descalzas where the women of Royal Family of Absburgo they entered with all yours treasures.
Also there is a dozen of Royals sites that are Precious Palaces, around of Madrid.

By only The of Escorial already deserves to a visit to Madrid.Only a thing has the best library of Magic of the world who today consult by the magicians from all over the World.-

Many forget that in Madrid governed an Empire with more centuries than the British your empire and that here there are many treasures-

Old 02-13-2017, 12:10 PM

261 posts, read 155,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
We spent three glorious weeks this past October traveling independently in Spain. Flew into Madrid, Madrid is a dream for lovers of art museums. Toledo is also history and the cathedral. Córdoba was beyond what I expected. We stayed outside the Tourist area in a great square with a tower that chimed as a classical guitar strum. Spent four days in Seville. Just soaking in flamenco in Bario Cruz and exploring on foot. Then we picked up a car for a week and stayed in Rhonda and Granada. Very exotic and enthralling. Bring you camera! Dropped the car off in Valencia which is a real foodie city. Best city market I have ever explored. Train to Barcelona where we met up with friends for four days before taking a transatlantic cruise home. Unforgettable vacation, very affordable and so much history, culture, food and lovely people. So much fun to plan.
Yes! we have a similar itinerary. How many days did you spend in Madrid? Did you stop anywhere on your drive through Andalucía? Any recommendations? I would love to go to Valencia but just not enough time. Especially since it is a foodie city. Our main focus on vacation is food! Can't wait for Spain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or