Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 11:28 AM

19 posts, read 17,230 times

Advertisements

Thanks barneyg. I want to correct myself again....it's my fault that I am trying out everything without clearly laying out the changes.

As per the map link, I will fly into Quebec City, and then take a rental....so to accommodate Quebec City and Cabot Trail, I am now flying and also doing a 6 day trip instead of 4 .

Also, I am not flying into Halifax since the flight is coming very costly

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 08:40 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishbit View Post
Thanks barneyg. I want to correct myself again....it's my fault that I am trying out everything without clearly laying out the changes.

As per the map link, I will fly into Quebec City, and then take a rental....so to accommodate Quebec City and Cabot Trail, I am now flying and also doing a 6 day trip instead of 4 .

Thanks
You don't seem to be factoring in any time for the actual taking of photos or stargazing. Your 6 days does not accommodate QC and the Cabot Trail.

I'm a bit baffled that you're planning this last minute on a holiday weekend for Canada's 150th birthday when prices will be inflated and accommodations in short supply. Do you have to go at that specific time?

Old 06-13-2017, 06:47 AM

3,886 posts, read 3,503,278 times
No good way that I can see to get from Quebec to the Cabot Trail. Has the OP looked at a map?

Old 06-13-2017, 07:09 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,136,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishbit View Post

Thanks
Ok, that makes a bit more sense although 42 hours is still quite a bit of driving, especially since doing a photo trip, which implies you want to get to the right spots at the right time for light.

As others have written, the issue is that QC and the Cabot Trail are pretty far apart. If you had more time (2 weeks) then you could zig zag your way through the nice spots along the way. For example, Charlevoix and the Saguenay fjord are by far the most scenic regions in Quebec, except perhaps for a short stretch of road on the north shore of the Gaspé Peninsula. But there is just no way you can fit those in, Gaspésie and Cape Breton Island.

So to reiterate: I'd do Quebec or NS in 6 days total, not both. And since you are already set in flying into QC, Quebec is probably the best option. Day 1: visit QC. Day 2: Montmorency Falls, Ile d'Orléans, Charlevoix, sleep Tadoussac. Day 3: road to Forestville or Les Escoumins, ferry to Rimouski or Trois-Pistoles towards Gaspésie, sleep Mont-Louis or around there. Day 4: Mont-Louis to Percé including Forillon NP. Day 5: ile Bonaventure, road towards Carleton, maybe stretch it to Mont-Joli. Day 6: back to QC on the beautiful rte 132 (esp. Bic, Notre-Dame-du-Portage, Kamouraska). There, that's 6 full days without especially ´taking it slow'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel