Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:31 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I stay here to, you know, enjoy the spring thaw and the flowers blooming and all that jive. I never understood the purpose of having to go somewhere for "spring break", but thats just me.
Steve-O you strike me as the type of guy that no matter what is said, your gonna go against the flow. You seem to strive on argument and strife. I bet you even go for the little guy, or the team not thought to win, just because you seek to be different, and not follow the masses. Thats cool.. I can respect that..

Do you still have lots of snow up there? When does your weather start to turn warmer? Do you have any near by lakes or anything to go hang out at?

I think your in Chicago right? thats a pretty hip place from my understanding never been there, so I don't know.. but when you live in El Paso TX, you have to get away.. trust me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Steve-O you strike me as the type of guy that no matter what is said, your gonna go against the flow. You seem to strive on argument and strife. I bet you even go for the little guy, or the team not thought to win, just because you seek to be different, and not follow the masses. Thats cool.. I can respect that..

Do you still have lots of snow up there? When does your weather start to turn warmer? Do you have any near by lakes or anything to go hang out at?

I think your in Chicago right? thats a pretty hip place from my understanding never been there, so I don't know.. but when you live in El Paso TX, you have to get away.. trust me.
Why does my opinion "go against the flow"? Look at the # of spring breakers vs the number who stay home. We're actually the majority. Anyways, its an OPINION, we all have them, thats what makes the world go round. I choose to stay and enjoy spring rather than get away from it.

As for snow? The snow has melted several days ago. We got some flurries yesterday and this morning, but they only lasted an hour or so and didnt stick. The sun is shining and melting everything as we speak. Tomorrow is supposed to be 50 degrees and sunny, the beginning of spring. And Im not in Chicago, I live in the burbs.

Anyways, youre in El Paso? So when most people go on Spring Break to get warm, you go on Spring Break to go somewhere cooler?

Old 03-10-2008, 03:58 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
So Breakers, where will you be heading this Spring Break?

My Spring Break is March 21-30, when is yours?

When I say mine I mean my kids..

EDIT: I am headed to the Texas Gulf Coast for the week to scout out places to live.
Mine was March 1 - 8. Did basically nothing but work. Not too exciting, made some money though.

Last year I went to New York.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:59 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Anyways, youre in El Paso? So when most people go on Spring Break to get warm, you go on Spring Break to go somewhere cooler?
Yeah I guess so.. lol. Never thought of it that way. I like to camp on the Texas beaches.. nothing like sleeping and hearing waves crash. I sleep in our camper now.. after the snake in the bag.. I dont relax sleeping on the sand no more.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:01 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Yeah I guess so.. lol. Never thought of it that way. I like to camp on the Texas beaches.. nothing like sleeping and hearing waves crash. I sleep in our camper now.. after the snake in the bag.. I dont relax sleeping on the sand no more.
Sounds fun. Ive never slept on a ocean beach, would like to try sometime, maybe Florida? I dunno. Anyways, the snake in the bag would be cool as long as its not venomous. Id have NO problem with that.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
My spring break isn't until April 19th-27th, I think? My college's break coincides with Passover. It's so late that I'm not going to bother going home because we only have a week and a half left (including finals!) after we get back! So I'm either going to NYC, Montreal, Chicago, or New Orleans- depending on where my best friend wants to go and what my friends in NYC, Chicago, and New Orleans' plans are.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:59 PM

739 posts, read 830,049 times
Just got back from skiing. Stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Bachelor Gulch. Ran into Rudy Giuliano and ate at the new Spago restaurant. It was great, but maybe not as good as the $24 hamburger in the Colorado Room.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:46 AM

176 posts, read 1,146,496 times
Heading to Siesta Key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel