U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 05:50 PM

2,552 posts, read 1,646,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
You wouldnt believe it but NYC is the worst for this. A taxi ride would in most cases cost AT LEAST $20. You also have to be careful that the driver does not take you on a longer more expensive route, especially when traveling between the boroughs
Taxi in London and Tokyo is even more expensive but the driversurrounding are mostly honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 06:03 PM

4,342 posts, read 2,271,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Better solution: Never fly United Airlines again and make sure to tell everyone what an awful airline that is. JetBlue doesn't offer food either but they have excellent entertainment options to keep you busy during the flight, the staff is a lot more respectful, they let you choose your own seat, the boarding procedures are more fair, the planes arrive on time, and they don't make you feel like you're a burden. Or fly with an airline like Copa or Avianca or LAN where you pay the same price as United but get significantly more benefits. I bet even Spirit would treat you better than United
Definitely NOT true. Spirit is the #1 WORST for a reason; Frontier is a close second. United can suck but no where near as bad.

Farting passengers in a 12+ hr flight - pretty awful. BO on a nearby passenger (so bad your eyes start to water). Oh the joys of Intl travel.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:45 PM

11,438 posts, read 6,421,611 times
Spirit is like a Chinese takeout place that charges Chinese takeout prices. United is like a Chinese takeout place that charges French bistro prices

Old 07-16-2017, 09:57 AM

15,094 posts, read 19,053,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
And not covered by the "no expectation of privacy in public" rule. Isn't this situation something that should be covered with a word to the crew?
Geez, why get the crew involved. Just tell them politely that you want them to stop filming you. Problem solved.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:11 PM

5,226 posts, read 5,104,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Geez, why get the crew involved. Just tell them politely that you want them to stop filming you. Problem solved.
Not necessarily. Some rude people might continue after being asked, no matter how politely the request is made.

If you care to address the offending person first, feel free to do so. If you want to address the crew first, or the offending person refuses to stop after being so requested, then address the crew.

Either way, the cruise ship environment should be under the crew's control, and is not a "public place" where A/V recording is unrestricted.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:35 AM

6,040 posts, read 4,444,562 times
Kind of an odd one but...

I roll my eyes when talking to someone or reading reviews about a destination where it's obvious the traveler didn't do even basic research about the attributes of the place and thus are disappointed (or leave a bad review). Such as:

Like staying on-resort at an AI and complaining about the lack of local food.

Going to, say, Maine in June and complaining about the water temp.

Going to New Orleans around Mardi Gras and being surprised by the nature of the crowds.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:06 AM

9,082 posts, read 9,524,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Kind of an odd one but...

I roll my eyes when talking to someone or reading reviews about a destination where it's obvious the traveler didn't do even basic research about the attributes of the place and thus are disappointed (or leave a bad review). Such as:

Like staying on-resort at an AI and complaining about the lack of local food.

Going to, say, Maine in June and complaining about the water temp.

Going to New Orleans around Mardi Gras and being surprised by the nature of the crowds.
Going to Las Vegas in July and complaining it was hot! (just read one of those this AM)

Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM

9,528 posts, read 13,470,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Going to Las Vegas in July and complaining it was hot! (just read one of those this AM)
Flying from NYC to Tokyo & the flight was too long!!!

LOL

Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM

2,276 posts, read 851,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post
It drives me batty when a plane is running late and the flight attendant announces for all passengers who do not have a tight connection to stay seated since there are people who are in jeopardy of missing their flight. NO ONE EVER LISTENS. You can tell who really has a tight connection because they are hurrying and often have a panicked look. I missed a flight people were not willing to let the people who were about to miss a flight go first.
I never let those people off the plane first. You can't be sure that they aren't just scammers looking to cut the line or that they would do the same thing for you if the roles were reversed. Unfortunately, airline travel is a dog eat dog world and your bad luck is not my problem.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:27 PM

2,552 posts, read 1,646,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
I never let those people off the plane first. You can't be sure that they aren't just scammers looking to cut the line or that they would do the same thing for you if the roles were reversed. Unfortunately, airline travel is a dog eat dog world and your bad luck is not my problem.
C'mon! Karma can be a *****. If you are not in a rush, why not let them deplane first? Just think that they are honest human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel