Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 05:08 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,432,908 times

Advertisements

When I was growing up, we were too poor to go to DisneyWorld. Now that I'm grown up, I'm single with no children. However, DisneyWorld is a huge part of Americana and I would hate to not go at least one time.

I probably would fly in late on a Friday, have Saturday & Sunday, and then return home on either late Sunday or early Monday morning.

Do you think a single woman traveling solo can enjoy a weekend at DisneyWorld?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 05:17 PM

61,329 posts, read 86,235,551 times
Make sure you do a good planning. DisneyWorld isn't something to explore over the weekend. You need to carefully plan what you want to see. Get a map of attractions and mark all places you want to visit. It will help you to proceed from one to another fairly quickly. Check on show times too. Try to minimize your waiting time. Plan with long lines to the attractions.
Buy tickets online. Tickets aren't cheap. Check for discounts. Select a hotel that is close by, and has good transportation (perhaps in Kissimmee?)
For such a short stay, planning is the key...

https://www.mousesavers.com/advice-t...ts-and-passes/ <<< read this FIRST!
https://www.undercovertourist.com/ <<< lots of info, maps and tips.

Now isn't the best time to visit - lots of kids still on school break, tourists, very long lines, and very, very hot! Winter would be better.

Last edited by elnina; 07-17-2017 at 05:32 PM..

Old 07-17-2017, 05:46 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,026,605 times
Go on Superbowl Weekend.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:55 PM

61,329 posts, read 86,235,551 times
Good advice. February has low to moderate crowds except for Presidents Week where the crowds spike. The weather is cool and enjoyable.
How busy is Superbowl Sunday? - The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World
http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com...pecial-events/ <<< definitely check this link for ride closures, attraction refurbishments, special events and crowd warnings by month.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Go on Superbowl Weekend.
Great idea. Thanks!!

Old 07-17-2017, 06:10 PM

16,365 posts, read 12,355,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
When I was growing up, we were too poor to go to DisneyWorld. Now that I'm grown up, I'm single with no children. However, DisneyWorld is a huge part of Americana and I would hate to not go at least one time.

I probably would fly in late on a Friday, have Saturday & Sunday, and then return home on either late Sunday or early Monday morning.

Do you think a single woman traveling solo can enjoy a weekend at DisneyWorld?
As a single woman who travels solo, and has gone to WDW solo, I can offer a resounding YES!

My suggestion would be to stay on property so you can utilize the shuttles (both to and from the airport as well as between the resort and the parks). If you can afford it, I highly recommend a Savannah View room at the Animal Kingdom resort. Nothing like walking out on your balcony and seeing giraffes and zebras hanging out.

If you want to experience quintessential Disney in two days, I would say spend Saturday at Magic Kingdom and Sunday at EPCOT. Don't try to do all the parks in one weekend.

Do lots of research to find out the best way to maximize your time. If you want to dine at any of the popular sit-down restaurants (like "Be Our Guest"), make sure you make your reservations as soon as you're able within the 180 day window.

Have fun!

Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
My suggestion would be to stay on property so you can utilize the shuttles (both to and from the airport as well as between the resort and the parks). If you can afford it, I highly recommend a Savannah View room at the Animal Kingdom resort. Nothing like walking out on your balcony and seeing giraffes and zebras hanging out.
WHAT!!! Seeing live animals!!! I'm all in now. Thanks for that info!!!

Old 07-17-2017, 07:23 PM

7,740 posts, read 6,306,144 times
The first time we went to Disney World was in 1972. It has grown enormously since then and so have the prices. In 1972 we saw the entire place in one day and drove home that night, about 90 miles.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:50 PM

16,365 posts, read 12,355,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
WHAT!!! Seeing live animals!!! I'm all in now. Thanks for that info!!!
Oh yeah. It's certainly not cheap, but it's definitely a uinque experience, and worth the extra $$$, IMO.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 PM

4,039 posts, read 4,924,793 times
Yes! I didn't get to go to Disney until I was in my early 20's. DH's (then BF) parents lived in Orlando and my FIL was able to get discount park tickets through his job. I love the rides. I love Disney.

I agree with a PP to stay on property if you can afford to do so. You can get fast passes for the rides at the parks. You can do the fast passes 60 days before your trip. You can take advantage of the Disney buses and extra park hours for resort guests.

We just returned from Disney last week and it was hot and exhausting but we all had a good time. I just saw that they had some fall deals at some of the resorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel