U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2017, 07:27 PM

4 posts, read 4,184 times

Advertisements

I was going to fly from USA to India to get married. Hours before the flight my future brother in law who is in USA said that his lawyer stated that I can not fly internationally. He stated that I will be detained. The reason being is that there is a drunk in public on my record from maybe 2005.

This sounds like nonsense to me as it is a misdemeanor. I never appeared before the judge. I was not fined. I passed FBI background/fingerprint for my job. A warrant has never come up for my arrest.

I explained he situation to a friend who travels internationally all the time. He also stated that it is b.s.

Anyone else hear of or encounter a similar situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 03:47 AM

1,195 posts, read 1,928,327 times
You should better consult a lawyer instead of a random internet message board.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:46 PM

12,319 posts, read 18,433,096 times
If you are telling us the truth, no outstanding warrants, you are a US citizen, you aren't on any watch lists, you have a passport, etc., you can leave and come without problems. The misdemeanor as long as resolved is not an issue.

If you have an outstanding warrant, you will be arrested by US Customs upon your arrival back in the US.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:12 PM

4 posts, read 4,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
If you are telling us the truth, no outstanding warrants, you are a US citizen, you aren't on any watch lists, you have a passport, etc., you can leave and come without problems. The misdemeanor as long as resolved is not an issue.

If you have an outstanding warrant, you will be arrested by US Customs upon your arrival back in the US.
This is exactly what I thought. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:51 PM

5,969 posts, read 2,903,874 times
Complete BS.

There are some countries where the visa forms ask about criminal history so in theory that could be a problem but that would happen when you applied for the visa, not by some mythical international flying police. I can't imagine any country will care about a PI from 2005, nor do I believe they have the resources to find out if omitted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or