U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 04:51 PM

11,134 posts, read 8,544,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
Uh-oh. This question tells me you are just in the beginning stages of your planning. You have a LOT of research to do before you visit Disney World.
Yep. The idea only occurred to me yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 05:00 PM

26,331 posts, read 42,304,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I think the best park for adults are Universal Studios and Epcot center. I can't imagine an adult wanting to hug Mickey Mouse...

You obviously have never been there or think adults would only be interested in certain attractions. All of the parks at Disney World have attractions for all ages. Magic Kingdom which is the park most people associate with children is absolutely amazing. I love all of the attractions there as I am sure the OP will too. It is a not to be missed place for everyone. Jay

Old 07-18-2017, 07:04 PM

8,047 posts, read 5,895,364 times
Lots of good ideas here. We expect a trip report, with pictures, please.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:17 PM

4,438 posts, read 2,614,235 times
I used to go by myself in the late 80s, then go visit my grandma for a week. I've been so many times I can give the tour!
If you want to make the most of it, you'll need a week to see it all. Seriously, a weekend is not much time.

Go at the low season, like February or October but not on the holidays in those months.

You'll want a whole day to see each park.

A day @ magic kingdom, a day at Epcot, a day at MGM studios and a day at animal kingdom. That's 4 days right there. A day off in the middle just to rest.
As noted, stay in the property. You will get shuttles to the parks from your on property hotel. Try the budget resorts, they are simple hotel rooms, you won't spend much time in it anyway. No need to pay extra for things in a room you will only spend about 8 hours a day, and spend that sleeping.

Get an idea of which attractions you want most to see in each park. Head for those first. Then you can leisurely tour the rest. You'll want to see it all and stay for parade and fireworks@magic kingdom, and the laser show at Epcot at the end of the day. That makes for long days, and a LOT of walking. That's why I say take one day off to rest.

If you stay at their resorts with tickets you should get the "golden hour" extra early admission to the parks in certain days, you get in before general public.

There is WAY to much to see and do for a weekend!

Best of luck planning your trip to the "Happiest place on Earth"..!

Old 07-19-2017, 07:33 AM

11,559 posts, read 13,627,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
No donkeys at Animal Kingdom resort. And mating animals was never an issue when I was there.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

So because no animals were mating while you were there, it doesn't happen? Disney has some magic animals that lose all desire to mate. And I am lying about Donkeys? Really?
What the hell....

I took a photo of the donkeys mating. Do I have to prove it?

Old 07-19-2017, 08:00 AM

9,807 posts, read 5,016,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
So because no animals were mating while you were there, it doesn't happen? Disney has some magic animals that lose all desire to mate. And I am lying about Donkeys? Really?
What the hell....

I took a photo of the donkeys mating. Do I have to prove it?
FFS. Calm down. I am relating MY experience. And if you have photos of donkeys mating, first of all you weren't staying at Animal Kingdom (antelope, gazelles, etc, but no donkeys), and secondly, you seem strangely proud.

Not to mention having to explain mating animals to children is completely irrelevant to this discussion, as the OP is not going with children. I'm guessing she's old enough to handle the scandal of it all without anyone having to explain it to her.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 AM

2,952 posts, read 1,639,396 times
I went by myself years ago. Loved it.

Liked it better than going with someone, I got to do everything I wanted to do, without someone holding me back.

I move fast.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:16 PM

11,559 posts, read 13,627,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
FFS. Calm down. I am relating MY experience. And if you have photos of donkeys mating, first of all you weren't staying at Animal Kingdom (antelope, gazelles, etc, but no donkeys), and secondly, you seem strangely proud.
I'm calm. I was making a joke relevant to the previous post. I was staying at AK. I did see 3 donkey's running around and saw 2 mating from my balcony. It was funny.

Quote:
Not to mention having to explain mating animals to children is completely irrelevant to this discussion, as the OP is not going with children. I'm guessing she's old enough to handle the scandal of it all without anyone having to explain it to her.
Trying to inject some humor into a discussion. Telling me I didn't see what I saw. I don't even get that. Can you say without doubt AK never had Donkeys? This was in... 2012 or 13.

It's blurry, but I think you can tell what they are:
Attached Thumbnails
DisneyWorld for solo single woman-part_1495893403647_img_20170527_095440172.jpg  

Last edited by Peregrine; 07-19-2017 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: Amorous donkeys

Old 07-20-2017, 09:41 AM

7,738 posts, read 9,033,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
When I was growing up, we were too poor to go to DisneyWorld. Now that I'm grown up, I'm single with no children. However, DisneyWorld is a huge part of Americana and I would hate to not go at least one time.

I probably would fly in late on a Friday, have Saturday & Sunday, and then return home on either late Sunday or early Monday morning.

Do you think a single woman traveling solo can enjoy a weekend at DisneyWorld?
A weekend is way too short. You need at least a day for each park. I also wouldn't want to go alone. That seems depressing.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:44 AM

9,807 posts, read 5,016,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
A weekend is way too short. You need at least a day for each park. I also wouldn't want to go alone. That seems depressing.
Definitely not depressing for those of us who are used to traveling solo. I actually PREFER to go alone. Much less stressful and more enjoyable for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or