Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 12:22 AM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times

Advertisements

Not sure what your other interests are, but I'd suggest taking a little time away from the Mouse and seeing the remarkable Tiffany Glass Museum: Louis Comfort Tiffany, the Morse Museum, Orlando, Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 06:23 AM

723 posts, read 570,814 times
You will have a great time going solo. Probably a better time than I had years ago with then-husband and two elementary-age children in tow.

Do what you want when you want, eat when you want, see what you want, no need to compromise with anyone else or drag tired, crying kids around all day. It's a huge place, and there is a lot to see and do.

If you're fit, as a single adult you can really take advantage of the park - sun up to sun down - to get your money's worth. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat to keep that FL sun off your head, and remember to stay hydrated all day.

Enjoy!

Old 07-18-2017, 07:13 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Depends on how immature you are.
I would pay money to AVOID going. (And yes, been to both world and land.)

Old 07-18-2017, 07:28 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Depends on how immature you are.
I would pay money to AVOID going. (And yes, been to both world and land.)
It's possible to be a very mature individual and still enjoy WDW. It's not your thing, and that's fine. But no need to insult people who do enjoy it.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:34 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
I preferred Universal Studios but on our day to Disney with the grandson it was far too hot, and rained, heavy rain it was exhausting and I didnt find it as enjoyable as it might have been if a bit cooler.. grandson who was two slept most of the day in one of their buggies , I felt sorry for him.. it was just so hot..

Old 07-18-2017, 07:49 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,040 times
Go during marathon weekend. There are singles groups that meet all around the parks, drink around the world games at Epcot and everyone is very friendly.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:53 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNot4Me View Post
You will have a great time going solo. Probably a better time than I had years ago with then-husband and two elementary-age children in tow.

Do what you want when you want, eat when you want, see what you want, no need to compromise with anyone else or drag tired, crying kids around all day. It's a huge place, and there is a lot to see and do.

If you're fit, as a single adult you can really take advantage of the park - sun up to sun down - to get your money's worth. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat to keep that FL sun off your head, and remember to stay hydrated all day.

Enjoy!
I went 3 years ago with my entire family. It was miserable. I am a Disney fan, and went with a group that just love theme parks and rides. I wanted to wait in line to hug Mickey and they wanted to wait in line to ride some miserable roller coaster. I would have had a much better time by myself or pairing up with a like minded Disney lover.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:11 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I went 3 years ago with my entire family. It was miserable. I am a Disney fan, and went with a group that just love theme parks and rides. I wanted to wait in line to hug Mickey and they wanted to wait in line to ride some miserable roller coaster. I would have had a much better time by myself or pairing up with a like minded Disney lover.
Did you wait longer to hug Mickey? Those character lines were longer than some of the rides when we were there last week.

Fast Passes are a great thing for the rides and I think you can fast passes to meet some of the characters. You get 3 and then once those are used you can get 3 more. Did you do any of the character meals when you were there? We did Chef Mickey and the one at Hollywood Studios. It was cute but I wouldn't do them again.

I heard Friday's are less crowded at the parks. Not sure if that's true all the time but our last day was a Friday and we went to Magic Kingdom. We walked on to Space Mountain two times before we needed to go and use our first fast pass of the day. When we tried to get on Space mountain on Monday it was 90 minute wait.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:18 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Nothing like walking out on your balcony and seeing giraffes and zebras hanging out.
Or Donkeys... um... er... mating!

"Daddy, why is that Donkey attacking the other Donkey?!?!"
Um, that's not an attack buddy.. Um... hmmmm.... oh! That's how
Donkeys hug, buddy!!

Old 07-18-2017, 08:39 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Or Donkeys... um... er... mating!

"Daddy, why is that Donkey attacking the other Donkey?!?!"
Um, that's not an attack buddy.. Um... hmmmm.... oh! That's how
Donkeys hug, buddy!!
No donkeys at Animal Kingdom resort. And mating animals was never an issue when I was there.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel