Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 09:16 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,089,301 times

Advertisements

I think the best park for adults are Universal Studios and Epcot center. I can't imagine an adult wanting to hug Mickey Mouse...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 09:29 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
How does the food work? Someone mentioned reservations. I'm not a fancy eater. Are there places I can just walk up to and get a burger or a hot dog?

Old 07-18-2017, 09:35 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
How does the food work? Someone mentioned reservations. I'm not a fancy eater. Are there places I can just walk up to and get a burger or a hot dog?
Yes, they have quick service restaurant all throughout the parks. We did the dining plan this time and I thought it was really easy. It might not be cost effective just going on your own though. For the 4 of us it was as we got the quick service, snacks (2 each day per person) and a table meal (we went to Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs and the Rainforest Cafe at Animal kingdom and did a couple of the character buffets which I hate buffets). They also have a plan where you can get just quick service meals and a snack. We got the Disney cups and got free refills at the resorts. Considering how hot it was that was nice.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:04 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Quote:
<>Do you think a single woman traveling solo can enjoy a weekend at DisneyWorld?
You can enjoy a weekend anywhere, if you decide to. Midweek might be better - less crowded.
Amusement parks are essentially shopping malls with people stuffed into topical costumes, more places to eat, and long lines for the best rides.
"Do not venture onto 'Small World' "

Old 07-18-2017, 10:09 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
When I was growing up, we were too poor to go to DisneyWorld. Now that I'm grown up, I'm single with no children. However, DisneyWorld is a huge part of Americana and I would hate to not go at least one time.

I probably would fly in late on a Friday, have Saturday & Sunday, and then return home on either late Sunday or early Monday morning.

Do you think a single woman traveling solo can enjoy a weekend at DisneyWorld?
Yes. No Doubt.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:18 AM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,171 times
Quote:
Uh-oh. This question tells me you are just in the beginning stages of your planning. You have a LOT of research to do before you visit Disney World. It's so big and so complex that you really need to spend some time planning your visit.

Here are some useful sites to get you started:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...ce/first-trip/

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/di...tion-planning/

https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...orld-vacation/

I'm a single woman and an annual pass holder to Disney World. I really enjoy going to the parks by myself, especially Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

I advise the following:

1. research the best time of year to go, taking into consideration crowds and your personal reaction to hot, humid weather -- see this chart, for example: https://www.undercovertourist.com/bl...-disney-world/

2. if you can afford it, stay on Disney property

3. get your fast passes and restaurant reservations (if you choose to make reservations) as far in advance as you can

Old 07-18-2017, 10:41 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
As a single woman who travels solo, and has gone to WDW solo, I can offer a resounding YES!

My suggestion would be to stay on property so you can utilize the shuttles (both to and from the airport as well as between the resort and the parks). If you can afford it, I highly recommend a Savannah View room at the Animal Kingdom resort. Nothing like walking out on your balcony and seeing giraffes and zebras hanging out.

If you want to experience quintessential Disney in two days, I would say spend Saturday at Magic Kingdom and Sunday at EPCOT. Don't try to do all the parks in one weekend.

Do lots of research to find out the best way to maximize your time. If you want to dine at any of the popular sit-down restaurants (like "Be Our Guest"), make sure you make your reservations as soon as you're able within the 180 day window.

Have fun!
Around the world drinking

Old 07-18-2017, 10:54 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
In Epcot, there is affordable dining at the 'Nations' areas. Last month, Fish & Chips was $7 at the UK exhibit and was very good. There are many places to try international cuisine for affordable prices.

We bought a 'week-long' multi park pass in the 1980's and are still using it! (Day at a time!) only one day remaining. Maybe for our 60th.

Lots of perks for single visitors. We often use the 'single rider' lines as they are much faster. + be sure to use your "Fast Pass" options every 2 hrs. (kiosk to schedule times / activities).

We travel at least 50% of the time, and at least 50% of that is solo travel. Too much to see and too many choices! Life is quickly getting very SHORT!

Weekends are not my favorite time for events, but agree with Superbowl weekend as a good choice.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:59 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
When I was growing up, we were too poor to go to DisneyWorld. Now that I'm grown up, I'm single with no children. However, DisneyWorld is a huge part of Americana and I would hate to not go at least one time.

I probably would fly in late on a Friday, have Saturday & Sunday, and then return home on either late Sunday or early Monday morning.

Do you think a single woman traveling solo can enjoy a weekend at DisneyWorld?

YES!

Our world is couples oriented. Singles feel like they have to wait for someone to do things with them. Before I met my DH I did many things alone because I didn't want to sit around waiting for other people to make room for me. I honestly enjoyed eating in a restaurant alone. I still do it from time to time. Theaters, trips, shopping sprees are very enjoyable when I'm alone. I can take as much time as I want.

Go for it! Enjoy yourself.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:46 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
You can definitely enjoy Disney by yourself! I'm a pass holder and in my opinion, planning is key to having a good time. Staying on property is the best. They have shuttles to and from all the parks from the resort. You can even take a shuttle service called the Magical Express to and from the airport. You will definitely want to utilize the fast pass system so you don't have to wait in long lines for all the attractions. If you like hot dogs definitely check out Casey's at the Magic Kingdom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel