Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 09:58 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
A weekend is way too short. You need at least a day for each park. I also wouldn't want to go alone. That seems depressing.
Not depressing at all. I love traveling alone. One weekend will be more than enough for me. I don't need to see everything in depth. Just get a feel for the experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 10:26 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,053,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Definitely not depressing for those of us who are used to traveling solo. I actually PREFER to go alone. Much less stressful and more enjoyable for me.
Agreed, particularly about Disney. I will never go to Disney ever again in my life with the family or a group. I would consider going alone. Call me weird...but this makes perfect sense to me.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Agreed, particularly about Disney. I will never go to Disney ever again in my life with the family or a group. I would consider going alone. Call me weird...but this makes perfect sense to me.
We were at Disney a couple of weeks ago and we went just the 4 of us (DH and I and our two kids 8 & 9). They were troopers. They went on everything we wanted to go on at least once. It was hot and one day out of the 6 we were there my son pleaded to go back to the hotel before dinner. It didn't make sense and we told him that so we did some rides and shows that let us rest and get out of the heat.

That being said, I don't think going alone would be lonely. If you're used to traveling solo it's another place to visit at your own pace.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:07 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Not depressing at all. I love traveling alone. One weekend will be more than enough for me. I don't need to see everything in depth. Just get a feel for the experience.
Just pick two parks. Don't spend the extra money on the park hopper option. You won't be able to see all the parks, but if you enjoy the two that you do get to, you can always go back later for a longer trip.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:18 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Okay. I need help with a choice. I know I want to see Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I need a third park.

If you had to choose, would you do Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom? I would be visiting this third park on my first day in town. So, from about 3:00 pm until late evening on a Friday.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Okay. I need help with a choice. I know I want to see Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I need a third park.

If you had to choose, would you do Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom? I would be visiting this third park on my first day in town. So, from about 3:00 pm until late evening on a Friday.
I would vote for Animal Kingdom. And try to get a FastPass for the Safari tour. You'll also be able to see the new Avatar section. And stay for the nighttime spectacular at the Tree of Life.

I've never been a big fan of Hollywood Studios. But if you're a Star Wars fan, then you'll definitely want to do HS.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:

This is a hard one.

I say Hollywood Studios. If you did Animal Kingdom and chose to do the Safari, I'm not sure that you would see any of the animals. Maybe you'd see them more when it's not as hot.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I would vote for Animal Kingdom. And try to get a FastPass for the Safari tour. You'll also be able to see the new Avatar section. And stay for the nighttime spectacular at the Tree of Life.

I've never been a big fan of Hollywood Studios. But if you're a Star Wars fan, then you'll definitely want to do HS.
If you're a fan of Avatar make sure to get fast passes. The wait for Avatar a couple of weeks ago was at 4 hours at times. We did the N'avi River Journey and had a fast pass. We got off the ride and walked past the standby line and it was a 2 hour wait.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
This is a hard one.

I say Hollywood Studios. If you did Animal Kingdom and chose to do the Safari, I'm not sure that you would see any of the animals. Maybe you'd see them more when it's not as hot.
If she's looking at February (Superbowl weekend was mentioned upthread as a suggestion) The animals will be out. It won't be that hot. They're African animals afterall.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
If you're a fan of Avatar make sure to get fast passes. The wait for Avatar a couple of weeks ago was at 4 hours at times. We did the N'avi River Journey and had a fast pass. We got off the ride and walked past the standby line and it was a 2 hour wait.
Personally, I don't plan to go to any new major attractions in the first year+ that it's open. It's just not worth the wait times, IMO. (This was DEFINITELY true in the case of Harry Potter at Universal) I figure if the park is going to put out that kind of investment to build the attraction, it's going to be there for a very very long time. I'll get there eventually. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel