U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 01:41 PM

21,364 posts, read 21,922,845 times

Advertisements

one of the things I don't like about these is what to do with the leg parts when you remove them. One can be worn on your head like a Cossack I suppose, but what to do with the other one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 01:58 PM

2,512 posts, read 2,283,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Maybe someone should create other types of pants.....

- Sitting on the couch eating Doritos pants not to be confused with eating Cheetoh pants which are totally different

- Baking bread pants

- Getting a a glass of water pants

- Mowing the lawn pants

- Driving the car pants

Seriously. Many of the pants in the photos above look like cargo pants. Nothing special about them. They're pants!
I have mowing the grass/working on the lawn pants (old beatup Lee jeans).
I'm currently wearing my sit in the recliner and surf pants.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:19 AM

5,967 posts, read 2,905,907 times
Quote:
This isn't anything new! There have been pants that you could do this with over 30 years ago!
Right, but currently it is quite popular to employ these pants when on vacation. If you look at a group of people on holiday at any popular tourist destination where westerners are present you see tons of them especially on older folks. Travel pants.

Thus the question of the thread: I don't understand the point of convertible pants that people use when on vacation, since if we were that sensitive to being able to change the format of the bottom 15 inches of our leg we might as well all wear them when not traveling too.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:20 AM

12,304 posts, read 10,785,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Right, but currently it is quite popular to employ these pants when on vacation. If you look at a group of people on holiday at any popular tourist destination where westerners are present you see tons of them especially on older folks. Travel pants.

Thus the question of the thread: I don't understand the point of convertible pants that people use when on vacation, since if we were that sensitive to being able to change the format of the bottom 15 inches of our leg we might as well all wear them when not traveling too.
Maybe in some areas they are popular with tourists, but not everywhere! I live in a major tourist destination which is the number 3 destination wedding area in the US and home of a major alcohol tourist industry.

I see tourists every single day. I've never seen anyone wear these pants we have tourists from all over Europe and Asia aside from Americans. Not a single pair in sight! So this is probably a regional thing happening it doesn't seem like others are seeing lots of lots wearing these pants. And they're pants! Who cares?

Old 08-12-2017, 09:00 AM

9,010 posts, read 8,433,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
one of the things I don't like about these is what to do with the leg parts when you remove them. One can be worn on your head like a Cossack I suppose, but what to do with the other one?
That is why people travel in couples. I make my wife wear real pants so that she doesn't look doofy like me, and she can wear my left pant leg on her head.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:17 AM

19,837 posts, read 19,937,680 times
Listen to lieqiang , guys. Get a sarong!
Funny there are all those pictures of zip off pants (all men) but no pictures posted of any in a sarong. LOL

Old 08-12-2017, 11:35 AM

10,071 posts, read 4,681,956 times
Quote:
I like them when I am hiking near water, cross stream/river with the legs off since it's easier to dry legs than the pants, and put them back on the other side so brush doesn't scratch legs

you can always zip them together and form a long barrel to hold things in, tie off the ends to close it

Old 08-13-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
So this is probably a regional thing happening it doesn't seem like others are seeing lots of lots wearing these pants.
It isn't a regional thing, I see them across the globe.

Quote:
And they're pants! Who cares?
It's just a topic for a travel forum, who really cares what other people's favorite city in Europe is or whether they use the airlines mobile app? The travel pants thing is something I don't understand, so I asked.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Listen to lieqiang , guys. Get a sarong!
Funny there are all those pictures of zip off pants (all men) but no pictures posted of any in a sarong. LOL
I'm not sure if my point about the utility of a sarong could go any farther over your head.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:15 AM

12,304 posts, read 10,785,285 times
Quote:
It isn't a regional thing, I see them across the globe.

It's just a topic for a travel forum, who really cares what other people's favorite city in Europe is or whether they use the airlines mobile app? The travel pants thing is something I don't understand, so I asked.
You're not seeing them across the globe. You've mentioned Budapest a few times. You haven't mentioned dozens of countries, states, or multiple continents. They're not out and about everywhere like you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel