U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 01:18 PM

3,664 posts, read 6,486,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
Here are a few of mine:

Krakow, Poland: Like Prague, without all the tourists. And more walkable. There is a donut-shaped park that encircles the old town, so you can wander the wonderful streets of the town and then quickly step out into the park for a block or two, drop back into town, out to the park, and repeat. I also like the guy who plays the town's theme song on the trumpet from the tower. And the new town is every bit as fun as the old.

Madrid, Spain: My nomination for the under-rated city of Europe. It often gets overshadowed by Barcelona, which I didn't care for quite as much. The Prado museum is a must see.
100% agreed with both of these... Krakow is fantastic... I was in Gdansk a couple of months ago and it was great as well. Ive been tossing around the idea of a 10 day trip to Poland to see other cities and these two again. Madrid is great, we are going in February and can't wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 04:54 AM

75 posts, read 23,373 times
Hi,
My favorite European cities:
Paris and London
Thanks.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:55 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,926,790 times
My list is in no particular order of ranking, just ones I liked more than some others. I list these as if I were a tourist to visit cities for their beauty, architecture and quality of museums.

Paris
Prague
Rome
Vienna
St. Petersburg

Krakow
Strasborg
Munich
Barcelona
Basel
Bern

A few comments about the most popular larger cities, I didn't care for London much, but it probably is more ideal to visit for a first time visitor outside the US. The museums there were among my favorites. Amsterdam was just alright, but it was not that scenic to me as compared to other larger European cities. I hope to return soon to somewhere in Europe, maybe a business trip next time.

Last edited by maus; 07-14-2018 at 06:41 AM..

Old 07-14-2018, 06:01 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,926,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Cinque Terre, Italy= five picturesque cities set on the side of hills overlooking an emerald sea. Amazing restaurants and foot paths to take you on walking adventures. (no cars)

Salzburg, Austria= Up on a hill, a lovely city to wander through. Old buildings and quaint shops. (made famous with The Sound of Music)

A must visit: Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany, a 19th century palace built up on a rugged hill, the most well known and visited castle in all of Europe.

Innsbruck, Austria= Another lovely city to wander around with shops and cosy cafes. Surrounded by the scenic craggy peaks of the Austrian Alps.

I have been to most of these, all worth visiting if someone prefers to stay out of the much larger cities. I did not see Neuschwanstein yet but have been to several really great places in Bavaria.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:55 PM

5,465 posts, read 2,924,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Me too. While it's not a bad city I think it is a bit overrated. Not on the same level as Paris or Moscow or Rio for example
I find Paris overrated.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:27 PM

643 posts, read 182,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
100% agreed with both of these... Krakow is fantastic... I was in Gdansk a couple of months ago and it was great as well. Ive been tossing around the idea of a 10 day trip to Poland to see other cities and these two again. Madrid is great, we are going in February and can't wait.
dobrze

Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 AM

2,910 posts, read 1,588,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I find Paris overrated.
LOL!!!

Old 07-16-2018, 01:37 PM

3,910 posts, read 4,649,302 times
Two come to mind:
Amsterdam, Netherlands - I'd move there tomorrow if given the opportunity.
Brugges, Belgium - lovely, small, quaint

Old 07-16-2018, 03:34 PM

3,664 posts, read 6,486,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Two come to mind:
Amsterdam, Netherlands - I'd move there tomorrow if given the opportunity.
Brugges, Belgium - lovely, small, quaint
Same to both!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:36 AM

12 posts, read 5,797 times
I have visited Paris, Rome cities but I like Paris the most. And I wish I visit there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or