U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 04:48 PM

279 posts, read 435,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Congrats OP on selling your trip.

I was so waiting to hear where the old trip was and where the new trip is going to be...would have been interesting to know exactly what it was about the new trip that's so much better than the old one. And perhaps would have helped some of us to understand even more why you were so set on cancelling your original plans despite the headache(s) and financial risks in doing so.

Anyhow...I get it.

Go with your gut on these things...I was deciding between the Caribbean and Kauai months ago and literally all my friends said go to the Caribbean. I couldn't have been happier that I ended up choosing Kauai. Enjoy!
Thanks! Yes, I'm feeling a lot better since I didn't have to lose my deposit. If I had known that I would find a buyer so quickly, I wouldn't have even made the thread! But regarding the trips, it wasn't really about one destination being so much better than the other, but moreso the activities I had planned. I'm just no longer interested in doing the activities for the trip that I canceled. The other trip that I'm taking is one that I've taken several times before so I know I'll enjoy it, and it's just more convenient for me to go there. Finally, I've developed new interests unrelated to both trips that I'm really passionate about, so I wanted to make sure I'd have the time and money available to pursue those things in the near future, and I thought the canceled trip might get in the way of that.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:06 PM

2,699 posts, read 1,552,133 times
Wow. What a grand finale!

Old 08-08-2017, 05:12 PM

11,175 posts, read 8,570,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
For privacy reasons, I'm not at liberty to say, but someplace warm.

I would rather not gift it to anyone and I'm happy to report that my buyer came through and the reservation has been sold. Whew! That was a close call! Thanks everyone!
You're being private because strangers on the internet can hunt you down if you the Caribbean or Hawaii or Africa? Odd.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:57 AM

15,098 posts, read 19,059,396 times
Quote:
For privacy reasons, I'm not at liberty to say, but someplace warm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
You're being private because strangers on the internet can hunt you down if you the Caribbean or Hawaii or Africa? Odd.
Why is the back of my brain whispering Bangkok for child prostitutes or she-he's.

Hmm, maybe the OP's member name has something to do with those whispers.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:19 AM

279 posts, read 435,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Why is the back of my brain whispering Bangkok for child prostitutes or she-he's.

Hmm, maybe the OP's member name has something to do with those whispers.
You've got quite the imagination there, but no.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
You've got quite the imagination there, but no.
Maybe. But i can't think of any other logical reason for your "privacy" on an anonymous forum.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:22 AM

9,083 posts, read 9,526,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Maybe. But i can't think of any other logical reason for your "privacy" on an anonymous forum.
I agree. If, for instance, they were going to Jamaica, they could have said The Caribbean, for instance, to keep it vague. I only asked out of curiosity wondering what the old trip vs. the new trip was and why it was better in the OPs mind.

I have an upcoming trip to a part of the northern hemisphere of Earth, can't wait!

Old 08-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I agree. If, for instance, they were going to Jamaica, they could have said The Caribbean, for instance, to keep it vague. I only asked out of curiosity wondering what the old trip vs. the new trip was and why it was better in the OPs mind.

I have an upcoming trip to a part of the northern hemisphere of Earth, can't wait!
Oh my! You're going to miss the eclipse.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:46 AM

9,083 posts, read 9,526,885 times
The OP's issue has been solved. Thread is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or