U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 07:13 AM

12,689 posts, read 14,071,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
There's a "generation gap" perception issue here; Americans born before, roughly 1975, particularly males, were more likely to have shared group showers in High School Phys Ed or similar situations.

"Students Still Sweat, They Just Don't Shower"
Yeah, this is the way it was when this guy went to high school and college. And when you moved to the Big City and had to share an apartment, I don't think many guys of this era (don't know what the women would say) were bothered by a roommate showering, coming out naked and grabbing a coke/beer from the kitchen, taking a glance at what you were watching on TV, picking out clothes in the bedroom, coming back out to ask a question...and then finally getting dressed.

But I think that in the last twenty or so years there has been a big swing in the direction of prudishness when it comes to the body. And it has a very Victorian cast. The male body is nasty and should always be covered, in loose clothes preferably; the female body may be exhibited provocatively as long as it is clothed, but it is a foul obscenity on the part of a male to react to the display.

Read the fashion forum on C-D for a good example of this.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 07:42 AM

1,402 posts, read 548,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Would you have a problem with a naked roommate in your hotel room? A friend of mine made a big deal about her roommate running around the hotel room naked. What do you think about this?
..And this is WHY you make sure you can afford your OWN room.I don't understand why some people don't have any modesty and respect for others.If the person wants to run around naked in the hotel room..well they should at least tell the other person beforehand if it would make them uncomfortable.If the other person says ..yes it would...then the free spirit person should get their own room and run around naked as much as they like.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:01 AM

5,678 posts, read 8,594,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Any other than my gf, I would certainly have a problem with that. Don't want to see that.
If the person in question is hot and of the opposite sex I would have no problem with that

Old 08-10-2017, 10:08 AM

9,073 posts, read 9,502,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
..And this is WHY you make sure you can afford your OWN room.I don't understand why some people don't have any modesty and respect for others.If the person wants to run around naked in the hotel room..well they should at least tell the other person beforehand if it would make them uncomfortable.If the other person says ..yes it would...then the free spirit person should get their own room and run around naked as much as they like.
I agree with this.

I have shared rooms with girlfriends and we have seen each other in our underwear, but that's it. take your bra/undies in the bathroom and put them on before you go out in the room. Even if you are 100% comfortable, have some respect for your roommate. if you MUST be naked, get your own room.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 AM

28,208 posts, read 47,606,329 times
My friend which is woman was looking at this 70 year old naked woman walking all over the hotel room. She would lay on top of the bed without covering up.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:07 PM

1,975 posts, read 1,305,559 times
Weird question, but it depends on the situation. If its someone that hasn't seen me naked, or someone I haven't seen naked, then probably no thanks.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:20 PM

564 posts, read 296,223 times
Depends on what she looks like.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:43 PM

16,019 posts, read 19,675,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Would you have a problem with a naked roommate in your hotel room? A friend of mine made a big deal about her roommate running around the hotel room naked. What do you think about this?
Yeah, I'd have a problem with it too. I certainly wouldn't think it is ok to subject another person to your nudity in such a situation. Does the roommate do this at their apartment as well?

Old 08-10-2017, 05:46 PM

28,208 posts, read 47,606,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yeah, I'd have a problem with it too. I certainly wouldn't think it is ok to subject another person to your nudity in such a situation. Does the roommate do this at their apartment as well?
Yes she does it at home she said too my friend.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:18 PM

337 posts, read 176,649 times
Yes...I would be uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel