U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 05:08 PM

440 posts, read 1,333,713 times

Advertisements

When traveling is it practical to bring your own sheets? I mean if you change the sheets will it help keep bed bugs at bay? And after you change your own sheets the change on your sheets? Next morning do the Bed Bugs hang on your sheets??????

Any Ideas

Old 08-14-2017, 05:59 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,432,603 times
Bringing your own sheets when you travel won't do much, if anything, to hold bedbugs at bay because if they're in the bed they're also in the carpet, between the mattress and box springs, behind the headboard, and basically anywhere else in the room where they can hide. In fact, taking your own sheets will just give you something else to carry them home on.

When we travel, even if we stay at a four star resort, the first thing we do is set our bags down on the hard floor or counter in the bathroom and pull the bedding off of the bed(s) and lift the mattresses and look underneath them. We could still miss something, but at least we try before we settle into the room or open our bags.

I am really quite terrified of bedbugs because I have read that once you have them they are extremely difficult to get rid of and can live a full year without food. Research them, it's scary!

Old 08-14-2017, 06:17 PM

38,071 posts, read 55,850,828 times
What??? Bring own sheets, a favorite pillow and childhood blanket lol
No, Make sure you do some research, and chose a reputable hotel, then check it for bugs.
I travel a lot, and have never encounter any bed bugs... get good hotels, check the sheets.
How? Explained here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/43625457-post7.html
That was already discussed on many other threads:
Hotels dirty secrets...
Any tips for avoiding bed bugs in motels? [MERGED]
Bed Bug Paranoia
I Think this is Great a Bed Bug Registry Site <<< yes! check it!
Bedbugs!
The Bedbug Factor
Bedbugs
Anyone run across bedbugs yet?
Anyone else too nervous to travel due to bed bug explosion?
True or urban legend?
Help ! I brought bedbugs home from my hotel room !

How many threads we need about the same topic?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:23 PM

40,251 posts, read 15,198,826 times
As elnina pointed out, this topic has been discussed many times before. This thread is now closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel