U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 07:57 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,703,198 times

Advertisements

Its all pretty close.

Europe a year ago in March, gloomy and cloudy but still amazing... i am planning to go back again.

We went to Paris, London and stayed with family in Switzerland (where we stayed in Zurich, Chur and Lugano)
The Switzerland part was my favorite.

just as amazing.

Going on a road trip out west, i stopped somewhere in Wyoming and got out to snap a picture and i was just amazed by how quiet, wide open and peaceful it was... i just sat there enjoying the quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 12:43 PM

11,043 posts, read 3,980,532 times
I have yet to be to Europe so definitely looking forward to that someday, but my tops right now are:

Disney World (with the kids)
Grand Cayman
St. John, USVI
Aruba
Vegas

Old 02-06-2018, 08:55 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,527 posts, read 39,903,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Its all pretty close.

Europe a year ago in March, gloomy and cloudy but still amazing... i am planning to go back again.

The Switzerland part was my favorite.

just as amazing.

Going on a road trip out west, i stopped somewhere in Wyoming and got out to snap a picture and i was just amazed by how quiet, wide open and peaceful it was... i just sat there enjoying the quiet.
Try Europe in Late May - June (before the crowds, better weather, more flowers. The window flower boxes in Switzerland are wonderful. Dulin has an amazing Botanical Garden (Near airport)

Living in Switzerland with family was a small bit of heaven. (even tho it was winter)

Living in 'The West' / mtns has always been a BIG part of heaven.... Wide, open, quiet, adventuresome, and like Switzerland... weather changes many times / day, before your very eyes.

but... sunsets...
1) GREAT in NZ in Dec and January.
2) Have been great the last few nights in AZ, NM, CA.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:06 PM

17,219 posts, read 19,521,254 times
Europe is 100 times better as a vacation destination than anywhere else in the world, including North America.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:23 AM

23 posts, read 10,681 times
Planning a two week Ireland/Scotland trip for our 25th in two years, so hopefully that will be the best ever!

But so far I would rank our Alaskan cruise last May as the top of the list as far as wow factor. But sentimentally I would say our Disney cruise when our sons were 9 & 10 holds a special place in my heart.

Last edited by Bye-ah B. Wear; 02-18-2018 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-18-2018, 10:13 AM

2,498 posts, read 6,387,077 times
I am 85 and my best vacations in various states were coast to coast from around 1960-1975,a period in time when there was some sanity in the country.We did not travel in fear as to what was around each corner.
As I mentioned on Forum we visited DC after Kennedy assignation and camped at Dogwood State Park in Maryland and when we left for the day we left everything in the open with no concern.The same when we visited Man of the Mountain in
NH.
We also took the train rides in Denver and vacations in Vegas,you can hardly feel safe going to the grocery store anymore between drivers and people.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:58 PM

4,409 posts, read 1,637,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
The South Island of New Zealand.

There are tons of stuff to do near Queenstown: https://www.queenstownnz.co.nz/

The South Island is like Colorado with beaches.
There were no Sandflies?

I have heard, Sandflies are the best kept horrible secrets of NZ that no one talks about.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:58 PM

1,246 posts, read 716,998 times
First time going to Appalachian mountains when I was 11. Stayed in Pigeon Forge.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:06 AM

1,907 posts, read 957,275 times
I just returned from 2 1/2 weeks in India. It was wonderful and horrifying at the same time. It's very hard on the senses, but what you see will blow you away.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:55 AM

2,896 posts, read 1,580,961 times
Do you like cities or natural areas? A week long float/camping down a river canyon with good food/amenities is wonderful. First time in Southeast Asian places like Thailand or Bali. Europe is amazing: Rome, Paris, western Ireland, Spain, Croatia. I see people who visit these places & complain about the grafitti or garbage or whatever - they shouldn't travel, they should stick to cruises.

I'm sure a long vacation in an rv visiting national parks would be great. It's a big world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or