U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:55 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,095,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
You're not the only one. Hotel Tonight is a popular app that books for up to 7 days in advance, but when they originally launched the first four years they only did same day bookings.
I'll throw in a vote for Hotel Tonight. I've used them while traveling in Europe and have found good deals through them. If you are the kind of person that is flexible it's not a bad app to use. It can be especially handy if you want to scope out the area you might be staying in order to get an idea of what you are getting into.

Considering that there are so many ways to get deals, I would only recommend using something like Hotel tonight when you aren't sure where you are going to be for the night so it doesn't make sense to book something in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 07:24 PM

3,295 posts, read 1,562,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
Yeah ive just booked somewhere in London for 3rd week in October,was on a special deal on booking.com and got a third off.Trip Advisor is another good site as they show booking rates from half a dozen companies for the same rooms.

Walking in unless its quite late at night often doesnt result in a cheaper deal.
Tripadvisor, and other websites have decent booking engines, but booking with the best price, like booking.com requires reading the fine print.

I never just walk in for rack rates, always through the hotels website, especialy with most companies offering the price match garauntee.

Those sites that do a bait and switch is the worse, but i save the screenshot anyway, for that garauntee.

(Spell check not working in mobile)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or