U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 11:23 PM

4,431 posts, read 1,656,670 times

Advertisements

Mine would be,

A nicely decorated, well built safe and secure small house with panoramic views of the Swiss Alps somewhere on the peak of a very high mountain in early spring.

There should be no road access to this place. Helicopter should be the only way to travel back n forth to human population.

There shouldn't be any other houses near by in sight. A nice pin drop silence during the night wouldn't hurt, bird songs during the day would be lovely.

I would like to sleep three consecutive days in such a place - Spend a day or two odd enjoying the views and nature in total serenity - before returning back to human population.

I would love to have such a week once a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 01:01 AM

6,231 posts, read 2,889,593 times
What a lovely vacation you've envisioned!

Bora Bora for this gal! Love island living on a non commercialized habitat.
Crystal blue waters....Amazing sunsets....Scuba diving...And village foods....Ahhhh...

Old 08-27-2017, 03:52 AM

1,836 posts, read 4,462,555 times
I used to have fun with topics like this but the world has changed. In your description, you used the phrase "safe and secure." You may have been speaking architecturally, but today, I can't help but thinking about it socially and politically. Safe and secure no longer exists. Sorry to be downer, but I'm also a realist.

However, in the spirit of your topic, with social and world politics removed from the situation, my dream vacation would be one of two:

1. A small log cabin in the mountains of Wyoming or Montana, with a dog, a horse, my own garden for food, and a nearby lake. Just peace and quiet. (That's more like a dream life, actually!)

2. A year long, around the world cruise, spending each meal time in a different country's port. (Did you know they actually have retirement ships like this that you can buy a condo on and live on it permanently?!)

Realistically (because it doesn't due to live with your head in the clouds), my dream vacation right now is Heaven and Eternity. Then again, that's a lifestyle, not a vacation!

Old 08-27-2017, 04:07 AM

39,850 posts, read 3,021,832 times
animal safari in Africa, I want to see those magnificent animals ( no hunting )

Old 08-27-2017, 07:01 AM

15,109 posts, read 19,065,067 times
Galapogos. Twenty years ago. Now it's a bit over run by tourists and our aching joints couldn't properly manage the trip.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:16 AM

483 posts, read 304,839 times
My dream vacation would be exploring the beautiful islands of New Zealand!!

Old 08-27-2017, 10:39 AM

14,444 posts, read 7,948,543 times
Animal photo safari in Africa for me too evening sun. I've always wanted to go to Uganda and see the gorillas. I had the privileged of being next to a sedated magnificent silver back that came into our hospital for surgery. I was very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time when a nurse grabbed me and took me into the OR. I remember touching it's feet (in full or garb of course) and marveling at how big they were. I saw him a couple of times at the zoo. I also want to do a cage dive with a great white and follow the wildebeest migration. I think I could spend a year there. Unfortunately my husband does not want to go and so far I haven't found anyone else that wants to go with me. Who knows, I mif=ght be tempted to go alone some day.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:32 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,175,663 times
Renting an RV and traveling to every state in the continental US.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:35 PM

39,850 posts, read 3,021,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Animal photo safari in Africa for me too evening sun. I've always wanted to go to Uganda and see the gorillas. I had the privileged of being next to a sedated magnificent silver back that came into our hospital for surgery. I was very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time when a nurse grabbed me and took me into the OR. I remember touching it's feet (in full or garb of course) and marveling at how big they were. I saw him a couple of times at the zoo. I also want to do a cage dive with a great white and follow the wildebeest migration. I think I could spend a year there. Unfortunately my husband does not want to go and so far I haven't found anyone else that wants to go with me. Who knows, I mif=ght be tempted to go alone some day.

Go for it!! I envy your gorilla foot rub,

Old 08-27-2017, 01:21 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,212,223 times
International Space Station!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or