Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 01:54 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times

Advertisements

Trump Rally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 02:54 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
New York City. Just have never had any interest in visiting there.

Alaska. Snow. Even in the summer, I don't care to waste vacation days looking at ice.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:57 PM

988 posts, read 1,017,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Trump Rally
LOL awesome. I wouldn't attend a Trump Rally either. For totally unrelated reasons, I also have no interest in visiting:

-Flyover states such as Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Indiana, etc. Seem too flat and uninteresting to me and I'd much rather continue to visit the western third of the nation, which is gorgeous.

-Very materialistic/superficial places like Ibiza or Dubai.

-Dangerous places such as North Korea, El Salvador or many parts of the Middle East (absolutely loved visiting Istanbul though, which is not dangerous).

-Any type of all inclusive Caribbean/Mexican resort or Caribbean cruise where you learn nothing about foreign culture and sit around (over)eating Americanized foods. (Very interested in Mexico to see Mayan pyramids however).

Old 08-29-2017, 03:00 PM

1,257 posts, read 888,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
New York City. Just have never had any interest in visiting there.

Alaska. Snow. Even in the summer, I don't care to waste vacation days looking at ice.
NYC is my favorite! I'm pretty on the fence about Alaska ...
Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-29-2017, 03:01 PM

308 posts, read 237,602 times
Wouldnt wish to go to Thailand,everyone i know bar one has been robbed/scammed.Also far too many western paedophiles .Dont need that crap in my face.

No intention of returning to Turkey either
Saudi Arabia,its just far too strict Muslim

Somalia and sub saharan Africa(Chad,Niger ,Mauritania etc) dont appeal either.

Oh and id never go back to Atlanta,if you gave me a million pounds.Dont like the out and out anti white racism that so many in that awful city display.Seriously if youre white stay away from Atlanta.I have noticed though on City Data a lot of its fans are very defensive about it.They have much to be defensive about.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
LOL awesome. I wouldn't attend a Trump Rally either. For totally unrelated reasons, I also have no interest in visiting:

-Flyover states such as Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Indiana, etc. Seem too flat and uninteresting to me and I'd much rather continue to visit the western third of the nation, which is gorgeous.

-Dangerous places such as North Korea, El Salvador or many parts of the Middle East (absolutely loved visiting Istanbul though, which is not dangerous).

-Any type of all inclusive Caribbean/Mexican resort or Caribbean cruise where you learn nothing about foreign culture and sit around (over)eating Americanized foods. (Very interested in Mexico to see Mayan pyramids however).
I don't think I would like the Middle East, and I agree about the all-inclusive ... sounds uninteresting.
Thanks for sharing! I love hearing everyone's thoughts.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
Wouldnt wish to go to Thailand,everyone i know bar one has been robbed/scammed.Also far too many western paedophiles .Dont need that crap in my face.

No intention of returning to Turkey either
Saudi Arabia,its just far too strict Muslim

Somalia and sub saharan Africa(Chad,Niger ,Mauritania etc) dont appeal either.

Oh and id never go back to Atlanta,if you gave me a million pounds.Dont like the out and out anti white racism that so many in that awful city display.Seriously if youre white stay away from Atlanta.I have noticed though on City Data a lot of its fans are very defensive about it.They have much to be defensive about.
Atlanta hates whites? Wow, I never knew that. I wholeheartedly avoid it due to traffic ... now I have another reason. I hate racism in all forms. Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-29-2017, 03:17 PM

308 posts, read 237,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post

Been to El Salvador,its not half as bad as you probably think.Yes theyve got a very high murder rate but most of it is between gang members.San Salvador granted isnt the loveliest city to look at in the world but theres lots of nice places to go,and if youre outside the capital its a hell of a lot safer,though i dont suggest night time bus travel.

The people are actually really nice as they are in most of Central America,and are thoroughly ashamed of their countrys reputation for gang violence.

Bothering western tourists isnt high on most gang members bucket list. Anything serious produces a crackdown and thats not what they want.Sadly the same cant be said for most of the local business owners,but there is extortion the world over,just in El Salvador not paying is a seriously bad idea

Old 08-29-2017, 03:25 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Deep space.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:28 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
I'm quite limited to places that I would visit. I'm born and raised on Long Island, NY, lived here all of my life. I only speak English, and I'm a picky eater. I dislike anyone who dislikes and is rude to Americans as soon as they see one is American.

The only place I've been outside the country are cruise stops in the Caribbean. Nice beaches, slum living conditions for the locals. The only island I'd return to is St. Thomas. Or Puerto Rico.

Nothing in central or south America interests me.

Nothing in Asia interests me.

In Europe, maybe England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, nothing else would interest me. Other countries might, but considering the refugee problem, I will avoid them.

I would, however, consider Israel

I would consider Australia and New Zealand

I would consider Hawaii

There's plenty to see and do within the US, so I have little desire to leave. Traveling outside the US, if I ever do it, will have to wait until I'm retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel