U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 06:19 PM

4 posts, read 2,114 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My fiance and I are planning a Greek Islands vacation/honeymoon in late May 2018. We are flying into Santorini on May 25.. staying until June 1 (we are getting married on May 30) and then are trying to decide where to go next (we will be leaving Athens on June 9). We originally thought Mykonos.. but now we are thinking Naxos or Milos for 6 - 7 days (or both?). Any other suggestions... We only desire to be in Athens one full day as we want to focus on the Islands this go around. Originally we wanted to see more islands.. but I am thinking I would rather have more time to explore one or two!

We like a mixture of relaxing, exploring, and a little adventure! Beautiful beaches, beautiful scenery...

We would appreciate any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 06:11 AM

629 posts, read 494,115 times
Please reconsider only spending 1 day in Athens. I know a lot of people seem to hate on it, but I loved Athens and we found it to be well worth 3 days and 3 nights. The Acropolis is AMAZING, as is the new Acropolis museum; and the National Archaeological Museum, Temple of Zeus and Mt. Lycabettus are all well worth seeing. Just my 2 cents...

We absolutely loved Santorini - it is an absolute dream. If I were picking a second island I would go to Rhodes - great combination of natural beauty and historical sights.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:42 AM

7,330 posts, read 4,176,914 times
Naxos is very nice: large enough to have a variety of things to see and do, but the big cruise ships can't dock there, so it's not completely overrun with tourists. I suspect it's what Mykonos was like before it was discovered by the mass tourism industry.

But you're going to have a hard time going wrong when it comes to the Greek Islands!

Old 09-11-2017, 09:35 AM

4 posts, read 2,114 times
Thank you both so much! I appreciate the input!! We will definitely rethink and possibly take another day or two in Athens AND yes - I agree I am probably overthinking this and can't go wrong with this trip!

Old 09-16-2017, 09:45 PM

832 posts, read 958,998 times
I spent a week on the island of Skopelos and loved it. It was over 20 years ago but Greek islands don't change much. It was part of a month I spent in Greece and I loved all parts of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or