U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:07 AM

1,838 posts, read 794,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyNatural View Post
I'm not quite sure yet. Very beginning stages of deciding on where to go. Ideally 3 weeks but if not, I won't add a third location unless it's within France or England.
May I suggest September. We have been several times to Europe in September and the weather is really nice then. Still warm, although London might get a tad chilly at times, and not the rainy season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 03:23 PM

483 posts, read 304,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I live in the Lyon region and the city is also beautiful, but if you come from Paris, it might be a bit underwhelming because unlike Alsace, Lyon is just a smaller version of Paris with fewer things to see (pleasant nevertheless). Not many exciting monuments and stuff. Many people come to see Lyon as a day trip from Paris, which is completely doable but I am not sure if it is worth it. But if you plan to spend a few days here, I recommend go east and visit the charming town of Annecy, and then unique ski town of Chamonix, where you can take the cable car to 4000meters and see the massive snow mountains so close to your eyes, including the famous Mount Blanc. Chamonix is about 2.5 hours drive from Lyon and you would probably need a rental car.

If you have two weeks or more, I am sure you can do all the above (even if you spend 3 days in London). I always thought a trip with a mixture of grand large cities, quaint small towns and the pure nature is the best option. After a few days you will be sick of those palaces and cathedrals, no matter how exquisite they are
Alsace is beautiful, wow!😍 I really don't want to hop all over the place so I don't think I'm going to do other countries. I'll focus on France because I want time to enjoy it! I really want to divide my time between Alsace and Paris without feeling rushed! I don't think I will be able to go longer than two weeks.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:24 PM

483 posts, read 304,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
May I suggest September. We have been several times to Europe in September and the weather is really nice then. Still warm, although London might get a tad chilly at times, and not the rainy season.
Sounds great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or