U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 01:01 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,995,125 times

Advertisements

So here's my dilemma/situation, I want to book a room at a Marriott-affiliated hotel but the website advertises:

"Rooms with 2 queen beds cannot be guaranteed in advance unless this request appears as confirmed on your reservation."

I called up Marriott Reservations and the hotel directly and offered to prepay with the nonrefundable rate if they could guarantee me 2 queen beds, but they were unable to do that. In addition, I don't want to pay top dollar for something that is not guaranteed.

It does not matter what dates I put in, I still get the "2 queen beds cannot be guaranteed" message above the room description no matter what the room type is. As a result, I am booking a room at a different hotel.

So what gives??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 01:07 PM

5,725 posts, read 3,680,316 times
I suppose that the hotel you're trying to book must have a variety of bedding configurations, and they want to maintain flexibility in room assignments. Well, tough tooties for them. If I'm a paying customer, I want to make sure that I get the kind of accommodations that I want, not what happens to work best for themselves. I'd try booking another hotel. Then tell the Marriott hotel in question why they lost a customer.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:26 PM

2,020 posts, read 2,656,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I suppose that the hotel you're trying to book must have a variety of bedding configurations, and they want to maintain flexibility in room assignments. Well, tough tooties for them. If I'm a paying customer, I want to make sure that I get the kind of accommodations that I want, not what happens to work best for themselves. I'd try booking another hotel. Then tell the Marriott hotel in question why they lost a customer.
I agree with this. I'd call the hotel itself and ask to speak to a manager, not just the front desk person. Tell that person your request, and if he or she is unable to accommodate you -- and it's not an unusual or unreasonable request -- tell them that you're forced to get accommodations elsewhere.

And then go on TripAdvisor and tell your story.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:34 PM

5,198 posts, read 13,395,550 times
If the room's previous occupant refuses to vacate the room on the date they said they would, there's not a lot you can do about it. That's why they don't "guarantee" it, most likely.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:52 PM

40,014 posts, read 3,040,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
If the room's previous occupant refuses to vacate the room on the date they said they would, there's not a lot you can do about it. That's why they don't "guarantee" it, most likely.

Understood, but surely large hotels would have more than one room available in the requested bed options?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or