U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 01:22 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,525,009 times

Advertisements

Santa Fe. Two hour flight and an hour drive from Albuquerque airport to Santa Fe on interstate or a two hour scenic drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 01:41 PM

11 posts, read 21,689 times
Thanks guys.. The more I think about it, I want to get out of Texas for the weekend. New Mexico sounds fun.

We've done Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and pretty much whatever else is within a couple hour drive.

I know it's just a weekend trip but just want to get away for a couple days.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:44 PM

37,995 posts, read 55,769,955 times
New Mexico or Arizona sounds really good right now!
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:21 PM

5,911 posts, read 6,716,673 times
The Greenbrier

The Greenbrier - America's Resort since 1778

Old 12-01-2017, 05:43 PM

6,971 posts, read 3,867,910 times
Bundle up and see Chicago for a possible snowfall, great food choices and last minute gift selections.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,569 posts, read 39,952,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
Santa Fe. Two hour flight and an hour drive from Albuquerque airport to Santa Fe on interstate or a two hour scenic drive.
When doing Santa Fe... try to fit in Taos, and when going between ABQ and Santa Fe, make it a round trip... one direction; travel rte 14 through Los Cerrillos, Madrid, (turquoise trail)

Old 12-01-2017, 10:57 PM

18,094 posts, read 22,960,701 times
I'd go to New Orleans. That said:

I used to live in Nashville, but it was many years ago. If you decide to go there, try to squeeze in a show at the Bluebird Cafe. It's really small and intimate, and its where the local talent plays. Believe it or not, there aren't (or didn't used to be) many places to go hear country music. That always amazed me when I lived there. Most small places just had rock and roll.

It might not be country, if you care, but they're really picky about who gets to play there, so it's always good. Here's their website. You probably would need to buy tickets ahead of time:

Home | The Bluebird Cafe

I saw they still have the "in the round" nights, which are really fun. Songwriters, performers, singers, etc., hang out and jam. Most are professionals, many of whom have been in the business a long time. Really laid back and high quality music and just fun.

I can't remember any really memorable places to eat dinner, but "the" place in town for breakfast, where you might even see celebrities (if you care) is the Pancake Pantry:

http://www.thepancakepantry.com/

Go before you're starving, because you'll have to wait. But, it will be fun and yummy.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:52 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,749,954 times
Depending on the things you like to see/do you may want to fly to:
El Paso, then drive to Las Cruces and stay there for a bit and if you enjoy hiking / exploring (Hueco Tanks/ Guadalupe Mtns Natl Park) or drive to White Sands NM and sled down some sand dunes.

ALBQ - Santa Fe with drive as mentioned et al

Baton Rouge - then drive to New Orleans and do the sugar plantation tours

New Orleans

Tampa Bay and stay in the Ybor City historic district.

Jacksonville, FL and then drive down to St Augustine and relax on northeastern coast of FL visit historic district (Flagler - Spanish Historic settlement etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or