U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 12:52 PM

2,068 posts, read 852,663 times

Advertisements

Ocean. First time I saw it in Miami I was a about 20. It was warm enough to swim in so that's what I did immediately.

Sequoias at Yosemite, well most everything in Yosemite. I truly wanted to hug one of those trees, just awe struck.

Mountains. First time I had seen them it was for a planned 6 day backpacking into them at Grand Teton in Wyoming with friends that had done it before. I really didn't want to leave that area. Yikes.

Yellowstone and all the hot springs. Did not disappoint.

Moab Utah. Arches National Park. There is truly a special feeling in that area. Like a cross between a special church and alien planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 09:31 AM

3,660 posts, read 6,481,485 times
Last week, we were in Krakow and made a trip to Auschwitz/Birkenau.. Wow..

Old 01-10-2018, 05:27 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,703,198 times
Road trips in the western U.S.

First time seeing the Grand Canyon.

Spending a few days in Switzerland, driving through the mountains and spending a day in Lugano.

Driving across the border into Mexico.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 PM

708 posts, read 776,020 times
I have a few, but Iíll go with my dream trip fulfilled.

My entire 10 day tour of Egypt - the camel ride to Giza Pyramids, the Nile Cruise, Abu Simbel, Aswan, Luxor, a multitude of temples, a hot air balloon ride over the West Bank... but the capstone was the people. So extraordinarily friendly and welcoming, even many of the vendors. I was even invited to a local wedding reception held at my hotel by the brideís parents after a conversation with them in the hotel lobby and had the best time. I have lots of pictures with locals, men, women, and children. Met some cool travelers as well - funny stories... Just a beautiful and touching experience. My first solo international trip also. It was the only time Iíve ever cried when it was time to leave from a trip... and I mean cried terribly.

Iím misty eyed now... canít wait to go back.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:58 AM

2,544 posts, read 1,633,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomadness View Post
I have a few, but Iíll go with my dream trip fulfilled.

My entire 10 day tour of Egypt - the camel ride to Giza Pyramids, the Nile Cruise, Abu Simbel, Aswan, Luxor, a multitude of temples, a hot air balloon ride over the West Bank... but the capstone was the people. So extraordinarily friendly and welcoming, even many of the vendors. I was even invited to a local wedding reception held at my hotel by the brideís parents after a conversation with them in the hotel lobby and had the best time. I have lots of pictures with locals, men, women, and children. Met some cool travelers as well - funny stories... Just a beautiful and touching experience. My first solo international trip also. It was the only time Iíve ever cried when it was time to leave from a trip... and I mean cried terribly.

Iím misty eyed now... canít wait to go back.
That was surprising. I heard really bad things about Egyptian vendors.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:15 PM

497 posts, read 1,297,491 times
Santorini, Greece

Old 01-13-2018, 04:40 PM

708 posts, read 776,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
That was surprising. I heard really bad things about Egyptian vendors.
Yes, many are very aggressive and will try to wear you down to buy something, but I met some nice ones that were very laid back. The experience was like shopping here in the US, but with good conversation, personal attention, and a little haggling as well. I enjoyed the haggling to get good deals.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:39 AM

2,447 posts, read 2,096,740 times
I don't think I can limit it. I read the whole thread and would say I can probably add about 5.

Definitely Jerusalem- the Western Wall and yes particularly at night. It's amazing that it really looks gold. And of course,,,,,,,,,the history.
Also in Israel Masada. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masada

I was blown away by the amazing beauty of Budapest.
Schoenbrunn Palace (Vienna)

Iguazu Falls.

London- Agree Tower of London and Westminster Abbey AND Parliament.

Last summer we visited Poland and I was amazed with how GREEN and huge the country is. (Yes to Krakow and sad to say Auschwitz as well).

On a more local note, agree that the mountains in Virginia, North Carolina and Tennessee are incredible.

I think I need a vacation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel