U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 PM

3,416 posts, read 3,224,610 times

Advertisements

Another Disney fan.

Magic Kingdom: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain

Epcot: I can't remember the ride name but it's newer and it makes it seem like you are flying.

Animal Kingdom: Expedition Forest, Dinosaur , Safari

Hollywood Studios: Rockin Rollercoaster, The elevator dropping one, Star Wars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 08:45 PM

9,807 posts, read 5,016,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Epcot: I can't remember the ride name but it's newer and it makes it seem like you are flying.
Soarin'!!

Old 12-20-2017, 08:17 AM

434 posts, read 496,659 times
With the caveats that I haven't been there since Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Frozen and the Avatar land opened (yes, I know I'm overdue), this Disney fan's favorites are as follows:

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear

Epcot: Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth

Hollywood Studios: Twilight Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Dinosaur

Old 12-20-2017, 08:21 AM

2,876 posts, read 1,405,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I loved doing October fest at Epcot! They have samples of food and spirits for purchase at the different countries. It's been a long time since I've gone so not even sure if they do this anymore in October, but it was fantastic!
It's called the Food and Wine festival now and it got so popular that it's now from late September until early November I think.

It's almost impossible to book a Epcot resort during that time unless you do it way in advance.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:44 PM

316 posts, read 712,632 times
It's hard to go wrong in Magic Kingdom. The rides that thrill us are Soarin' at Epcot and Radiator Springs Racers at CA. Our teen loves Star Tours at HS and Flight of Passage at AK.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:15 PM

2,876 posts, read 1,405,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusParent View Post
It's hard to go wrong in Magic Kingdom. The rides that thrill us are Soarin' at Epcot and Radiator Springs Racers at CA. Our teen loves Star Tours at HS and Flight of Passage at AK.
flight of passage is awesome, we got to ride it in May during preview week. Fast pass for the ride are almost impossible to score and the ride has been having 4 hour wait times. ouch!

Old 12-21-2017, 06:36 PM

5,247 posts, read 3,018,567 times
30 years since we last went to Disney, the cost chills it for us. We are too old for all the walking also.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:37 PM

1,152 posts, read 408,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
For C-D Disney fans, what are some of your favorite Walt Disney World attractions? Though our 4 children are now young adults (22-26), we still love all of the Orlando theme parks. Some of my personal favorites are (in no particular order):

Magic Kingdom: Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, People Mover

Epcot (my wife's and my favorite park): Spaceship Earth, the entire Land Pavilion, The American Adventure

Hollywood Studios: There really aren't many attractions open at this park, so I'll pass lol

Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur, Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest
Space Mountain is super special to my daughter and I. I tricked her on it when she was 5. She was almost to tears before getting on and was mad as hell at me after it was over because she loved it. She's 17 now. We have 18-20 trips under our belts since then. It is her favorite ride. From the time we walk into the building with that trippy, space-cowboy music until we get off the ride ---- her grin is ear to ear.

The Yetti (as we call the Mount Everest) is a very close second. Our goal every time we go to Animal Kingdom is to get there early and ride the Yetti over and over and over again till the line gets long or our head hurts - whichever comes first.

The Blue Line (aka, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover). Look, we call this rides whatever the hell we want. It is a staple in our WDW trips and we like to ride and relax. "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon."

We also loved legacy Test Track. We were just lamenting yesterday that the current version is soulless.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:14 AM

316 posts, read 712,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
flight of passage is awesome, we got to ride it in May during preview week. Fast pass for the ride are almost impossible to score and the ride has been having 4 hour wait times. ouch!
We weren't able to get a FastPass for Flight of Passage on MyExperience. We were staying at a Disney resort so we jumped on the FastPasses as soon as the 60 day window opened. We happened to grab a FastPass for Na'vi River Journey first. We later read that guests can only get a FastPass for one of the Avatar rides at a time. I don't know if this is true but it would explain what we experienced.

We were too wrecked from our previous day at Magic Kingdom to do the "rope drop partial-run" routine. We checked FastPasses on the mobile app when we arrived and totally lucked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel