U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-13-2017, 02:14 PM
 
3,597 posts, read 1,529,535 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

For C-D Disney fans, what are some of your favorite Walt Disney World attractions? Though our 4 children are now young adults (22-26), we still love all of the Orlando theme parks. Some of my personal favorites are (in no particular order):

Magic Kingdom: Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, People Mover

Epcot (my wife's and my favorite park): Spaceship Earth, the entire Land Pavilion, The American Adventure

Hollywood Studios: There really aren't many attractions open at this park, so I'll pass lol

Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur, Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2017, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
5,188 posts, read 13,357,860 times
Reputation: 7364
We LOVE the Studios...our kids got to be "spliced" into a movie! We've been there several times...lots of fun!

Of Course, the Magic Kingdom is always magical!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2017, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia/South Jersey area
2,875 posts, read 1,404,432 times
Reputation: 10088
Another Disney family

Magic kingdom: Haunted Mansion and Buzz lightyear
Epcot. Misson space. Still haven't done the new Frozen ride
Animal kingdom, lol it's tough to be a bug & Kali river rapids
Hollywood studios. TSM, the kids love Rockin rollercoaster. I refuse to get on the thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2017, 06:01 AM
 
8,643 posts, read 19,076,379 times
Reputation: 11495
We are in Disney at least twice a month...never gets old! We too love Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Studios...meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2017, 05:12 PM
 
3,597 posts, read 1,529,535 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
We are in Disney at least twice a month...never gets old! We too love Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Hollywood Studios...meh.
I've been going to WDW since 1977 when I was 12 years old and love it more than ever! So awesome to see other Orlando theme park fans on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2017, 01:18 AM
 
3,295 posts, read 1,563,537 times
Reputation: 3602
I dont get Disney's extra parks. As for Orlando, it would be Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon,Universal studios. I am more familiar with Universals characters (fox), and find it way more amusing then the Disney "others" I dont want to do, cant afford to do a full week of theme park madness. I would rather go karting, shoot some guns, or be at the water park all day. Even a nice shopping spree would be better money spent.

The best way to do Orlando, get a season pass to typhoon lagoon, and visit every other day. the parking is free. Typhoon Lagoon is across from the Downtown Disney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2017, 09:58 AM
 
3,597 posts, read 1,529,535 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
I dont get Disney's extra parks. As for Orlando, it would be Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon,Universal studios. I am more familiar with Universals characters (fox), and find it way more amusing then the Disney "others" I dont want to do, cant afford to do a full week of theme park madness. I would rather go karting, shoot some guns, or be at the water park all day. Even a nice shopping spree would be better money spent.

The best way to do Orlando, get a season pass to typhoon lagoon, and visit every other day. the parking is free. Typhoon Lagoon is across from the Downtown Disney.
It's all subjective. Some people like different things. I don't care for karting at all, but I can see why you and others would like it. About the "money well spend" thing, technically, it's much better money spent to get the full passes and see more parks/water parks. But if one isn't into parks, it's not worth it to them. And that's fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2017, 10:08 AM
 
9,804 posts, read 5,012,801 times
Reputation: 33876
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
It's all subjective. Some people like different things. I don't care for karting at all, but I can see why you and others would like it. About the "money well spend" thing, technically, it's much better money spent to get the full passes and see more parks/water parks. But if one isn't into parks, it's not worth it to them. And that's fair.
Exactly. Season passes to Typhoon Lagoon would be a waste for me (I don't enjoy water parks) and I have no interest in anything Universal (other than passing interest in Harry Potter that was satisfied with one visit). Not into karting; DEFINITELY not into shooting. It's the main WDW parks for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2017, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Saint John, IN
11,043 posts, read 3,990,821 times
Reputation: 13557
I loved doing October fest at Epcot! They have samples of food and spirits for purchase at the different countries. It's been a long time since I've gone so not even sure if they do this anymore in October, but it was fantastic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2017, 03:56 PM
 
3,597 posts, read 1,529,535 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Exactly. Season passes to Typhoon Lagoon would be a waste for me (I don't enjoy water parks) and I have no interest in anything Universal (other than passing interest in Harry Potter that was satisfied with one visit). Not into karting; DEFINITELY not into shooting. It's the main WDW parks for me!
Yeah, I agree. I think all of us have many different interests and to varying degrees to boot. I love every theme park and water park in Orlando. Just in different ways. I have a conceal and carry permit, yet am not super into guns as some are. Also like to kayak and do other things other than theme parks. But if I had to pick one single thing, it would have to be my wife and me at Epcot. Just doesn't get any better than that for us, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top