U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 851 times

Advertisements

I agree with you! I've been in Abu-Dhabi with sightseeing tour from Dubai. We've visited the Big Mosque (it's just awesome!!!), Corniche beach (many restaurants and nice views), Heritage Village (history object) and Yas Island (I liked Ferrari World there). I booked this tour on must2go, they have vide variety of entertainment in all Emirates.))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 08:53 PM

5,672 posts, read 3,645,631 times
If you're looking for something that's different from what you're used to but also comfortably familiar at the same time, might I suggest South Korea. They have some of the same kid-stuff there that you'd find in North America, like theme parks, zoos, beaches, indoor mazes, baseball games, etc. But they also have an ancient culture, a wide variety of different types of shopping experiences, historic palaces and temples, and so on.

Navigating the country is easy; most of the signage is in English (as well as Korean) and many people there speak English. Public transportation is extensive. The country is clean, safe, and generally devoid of the high-pressure sales tactics that vendors in some other countries seem to go in for. And if the kids don't want to sample the Korean food, you'll find plenty of pizza and American-style fast food as well.

But be prepared for heat and humidity all summer long, and a lot of rain if you go in July.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:15 AM

3,274 posts, read 3,693,861 times
Must you go in the summer? The weather is brutal in most places unless you visit mountain resorts. You're Canadian. You're going to be in for a shock when you feel the heat and humidity. Why not spring, fall or even winter?

Old 01-03-2018, 12:41 AM

5,939 posts, read 2,891,210 times
Don't listen to him, he's a biased arctic gardener! He's been trying to trick people into winter travel forever...

Old 01-19-2018, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 262 times
I also ordered on MUST2GO when went to the Emirates) Was surprised with huge amount of entertainment on their site, and, by the way, I really like its design, cool indeed! Nice service organisation quick and qualitative managers' work and loyal attitude, managers do their work at a high level. Sure, everyone will appreciate it! I spent my time very nice in Ferrarri park)) Big LIKE

Old 01-20-2018, 03:14 PM

345 posts, read 154,806 times
Traveling in monsoon is NOT fun. Nor is traveling in the intense heat of Dubai/Abu Dhabi as been suggested. Many Asian countries do not have ideal weather during June/July/August. I'd google some specific cities to get an idea. Here is some info on a few countries - https://www.selectiveasia.com/asia-h...s/weather/july.

BTW Must2Go recommendations are coming from new members/first-time posters. Looks like they are advertising.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:49 PM

5,939 posts, read 2,891,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBuenaVida View Post
Traveling in monsoon is NOT fun.
Sure it is. I like traveling in SE Asia much more when the rains come in May, it cools everything down from the blistering March/April heat and the landscapes start to look nicer. Just keep a cheapo poncho rolled up in your pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or