U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 09:52 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,889,480 times

Advertisements

I have booked a Baltic Cruise for August, I just sent in passport renewal and daughter has to do a passport name change.

Question is if I find air right now to Copenhagen I like can I book it without passport numbers and supply the info when they arrive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 09:55 AM

37,992 posts, read 55,769,955 times
Yes. You can.
Booking overseas flights using soon-to-expire passport
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:07 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,889,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Thanks

Old 12-23-2017, 05:50 PM

4,410 posts, read 1,669,820 times
I don't remember ever needing to supply a passport number when booking overseas flights or accommodations. Travelers are identified by name, and a passport may be requested by the airline or hotel when checking in, to verify identity. For international flights, the airline desk will only require a passport for the purpose of verifying that you will be admitted to the country of destination. (The airline is responsible for flying you out, if immigration does not admit you, and they are very fussy about that)

Countries that require a visa may require that at least 6 months validity remains on your passport, but other than visa issuance, your passport is valid and accepted as ID right up to the expiration date.

Your daughter does not HAVE to get a new passport with name change in it. She can continue to use her old one, and carry a copy of marriage license in case someone questions a discrepancy between passport and other identity documents.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:14 PM

5,940 posts, read 2,891,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I don't remember ever needing to supply a passport number when booking overseas flights or accommodations.
I've been asked to enter passport number and expiration date many times for intl fights.

Never for accommodations though.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:08 PM

37,992 posts, read 55,769,955 times
News about passports:

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/us-...cid=inline_amp
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 12-26-2017 at 08:33 AM..

Old 12-26-2017, 05:58 AM

8,642 posts, read 19,070,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I've been asked to enter passport number and expiration date many times for intl fights.

Never for accommodations though.
me too...always had to enter passport information.

The OP should have a copy of their passport and could enter it while awaiting the renewal.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:26 PM

685 posts, read 981,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I don't remember ever needing to supply a passport number when booking overseas flights or accommodations...
Some airlines request a valid passport number when booking a flight. I guess Air China is one of them.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:42 PM

3,274 posts, read 3,693,861 times
Must be nice to have that American passport privilege when visiting Europe.

People with third world passports have to plan their trips months in advance and have valid passports when applying for visas at the embassy of the destination country. Even if they live in America.

I really don't get why European nations allow Americans to visit visa-free. What sets them apart from a Chinese or an Indian or a Thai?

Old 01-01-2018, 01:07 PM

9,193 posts, read 9,273,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Must be nice to have that American passport privilege when visiting Europe.

People with third world passports have to plan their trips months in advance and have valid passports when applying for visas at the embassy of the destination country. Even if they live in America.

I really don't get why European nations allow Americans to visit visa-free. What sets them apart from a Chinese or an Indian or a Thai?
Are there reports of Americans coming to Europe and committing acts of terrorism?

Not being flippant. I am just guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel