U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 03:12 PM

2,549 posts, read 1,640,418 times

Advertisements

Jordan and Oman with Dubai as a stopover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 07:29 PM

1,914 posts, read 961,572 times
Have you considered Morocco? It has all the attraction of the Middle East without BEING the Middle East - LOL.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:38 PM

4,127 posts, read 3,785,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I am debating travel to the Middle East in the next 1 or 2 year.

I have already visited a few countries in North Africa so not looking to do that.

Obviously not going anywhere with an active war going on so Syria is out. Not interested in visiting Isreal as too much drama ove the tiny bit of land.

Anyone have any suggestions on best places to visit in regards to things to see and do?

P.s. I am a women. I would be travelling with my husband and child.

Thanks in advance : )!
Reconsider Israel. Safest, most amazing place in Middle East. Packed with history, culture, geographical variety. Women can travel safely there. It feels a lot like Europe. Ignore the anti-Israel hype. Just go. You won't regret it!

Old 01-18-2018, 09:24 PM

10,604 posts, read 14,205,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I don't know it that is a fair comment.
Last time I checked lots of countries in the west don't always treat people from the Middle East all that great.

Middle Eastern people are usually extremely hospitable in general.

People in a country and government policy are not the same thing.

If the comment is coming from an American it is kind of ironic considering your current government anti-Arab sentiment.
Oh really?

How so?

Old 01-18-2018, 10:24 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,783,017 times
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Have you considered Morocco? It has all the attraction of the Middle East without BEING the Middle East - LOL.
Own property there.
Been there enough.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:27 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Reconsider Israel. Safest, most amazing place in Middle East. Packed with history, culture, geographical variety. Women can travel safely there. It feels a lot like Europe. Ignore the anti-Israel hype. Just go. You won't regret it!
My stance on not going there is very high.
I am not religious.
I not like the vibe.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:32 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Oh really?

How so?
I know many people with middle eastern names that have been racially profile when going to USA.
Including my own family members even with born in Canada and travelling on Canadian passport.

Not really caring to get in to this debate... do an quick internet search if you need more info on the topic.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:38 PM

708 posts, read 777,674 times
Ummm, last I checked, it’s a person’s personal preference to go to not to go to certain countries or not. OP does not want to go to Israel, and that is her choice, regardless of reasons. I actually understand exactly what she is referencing, but even if I didn’t, it’s okay. Once it was repeated that the interest in Israel isn’t there, that should be enough.

I’m sure everyone has certain countries they don’t want to go to even when others say oh, you should at least go. I got a lot of backlash when I recommended Turkey because everyone feared for their safety as Americans traveling there. I went solo and never felt unsafe, but most people I have told me they will never go to Turkey... or Cuba, now that I think about it.

I won’t even start on certain countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Outside of South Africa or a safari in Kenya, many are not interested in going. Some people don’t care for countries in Europe - some aren’t interested in Eastern Europe, but will spend time in Western Europe. There’s amazing places all over the world to some, and others will see the same places as not so great. I can go on and on, but I think the point was made.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:47 PM

597 posts, read 353,150 times
Just spoke to an old friend who went to Iran for a month last year. He said it was wonderful.
Third person I know who has been to Iran in the past year.
What about Azerbaijan? A couple of friends have been there are enjoyed it. Or else, more in Central Asia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan?

Old 01-19-2018, 07:10 AM

12,292 posts, read 18,413,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomadness View Post
Ummm, last I checked, it’s a person’s personal preference to go to not to go to certain countries or not. OP does not want to go to Israel, and that is her choice, regardless of reasons. I actually understand exactly what she is referencing, but even if I didn’t, it’s okay. Once it was repeated that the interest in Israel isn’t there, that should be enough.
True...but not everyone reads every post, usually they just read the original post and then respond. There are 3 pages here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel