U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 05:37 AM

1,687 posts, read 2,057,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I'm not religious, and to be honest Israel didn't do much for me. Overpriced and mediocre. Best thing was lots of hot chicks in uniforms with guns, although my wife didn't share that appreciation.

To each their own, some people love it.
Israel is also very historical, has great beaches, a plethora of various types restaurants, night clubs, and most people there speak English.

Overpriced? Compared to what? Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria? I guess you get what you pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 06:50 AM

5,940 posts, read 2,891,210 times
Lots of places of have rich history, great beaches, a plethora of various types of restaurants, and night clubs. Lots of places are easy to get around despite English not being primary language. Yes, overpriced IMO. Your "get what you pay for" comment leans on a assumption of everyone having same opinion of how wonderful Israel is to visit, which I've already indicated isn't a valid assumption since I found it pretty meh.

I'm sure plenty of people find Israel a very interesting and lovely place to visit. For me personally I find lots of other countries in the world more interesting and far better value.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:53 AM

21,364 posts, read 24,104,739 times
As a FWIW/FYI: The OP may have heard that people with Arabic sounding last names may be scrutinized (questioned a bit more) a little more at the airport in Israel, yet most don't know that people with Jewish or German last names get scrutinized at some Arab/Muslim country airports.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...592358,00.html

Old 01-23-2018, 08:51 AM

9,519 posts, read 13,447,491 times
Quote:
I'm not religious, and to be honest Israel didn't do much for me. Overpriced and mediocre. Best thing was lots of hot chicks in uniforms with guns, although my wife didn't share that appreciation.

To each their own, some people love it.
They have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, IMO.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:59 AM

12,291 posts, read 18,409,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
If they have hot chicks ON THE BEACH with guns - well that would be my idea of heaven.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Yes this is why beaches in Israel dominate all those lists of most beautiful or best beaches in the world.

Oh wait, they don't.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:31 AM

9,519 posts, read 13,447,491 times
Quote:
Yes this is why beaches in Israel dominate all those lists of most beautiful or best beaches in the world.

Oh wait, they don't.

Those lists are dumb and places pay the publications money to have them mentioned. They did one about a town near me ranking the town as the best place to live in New York State (meanwhile the town is pretty low-class town, not all that desirable... the town paid to have them mentioned in the publication to hopefully attract more people to move there)... those lists do the same thing... it's to entice people to visit... doesn't mean sh*t.

Everyone has an opinion & that's fine. Israel is an amazing place and you don't have to be any kind of religious to enjoy it.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Those lists are dumb and places pay the publications money to have them mentioned.
Ahh so the reason all these different lists of best beaches doesn't include what you consider the best is that the fix is in. Before they publish the list they contact the state of Hawaii, the island of Bali, the province of Palawan, the country of Seychelles, the town of Mastadvika Bay, etc. and whoever pays money makes the list. "Oh hello is this Mr. Phetsavangathet? This is National Geographic and we're thinking of putting Ao Nang on our best beaches list. We know you're just a tiny town in Thailand but if you can outbid our other deep pocketed contenders like the governor of Hawaii we'd be happy to add you to the list."

Look I agree, those lists are dumb... but every one of those gazillion beach ranking being a paid marketing ad by different countries/cities/provinces come that's just silly.

Quote:
Everyone has an opinion & that's fine. Israel is an amazing place and you don't have to be any kind of religious to enjoy it.
Israel is an amazing place to some people, to me it was meh and overpriced.

Agreed 100% you don't have to be religious to enjoy it, they have millions of satisfied tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel