U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 06:24 PM

5,922 posts, read 2,883,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
extortion can be possible and we do not know if or how much that goes on .it really is not hard to pin out americans .
Your panty lines are showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 02:35 AM

71,463 posts, read 71,652,652 times
thats okay , i earned them when i got drafted in the hey day of nam .

Old 02-10-2018, 04:48 AM

Well there you go, having been drafted over 40 years ago is a perfectly good reason to throw all proper risk evaluation out the window and dream up bizarre unrealistic scenarios of extortion by Cubans. Make sure to report the profit on that item you sold on craigslist, wouldn't want the Treasury Dept coming after you.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:55 AM

anything i sell is at a loss on craigs list , in fact 3/4's of responses are scams so i stopped selling anything on it . . lol

see , now you are twisting things . i never said you have to fear extortion in cuba . i said it is possible .

what i said is i abide by the agreements i signed on for when i visit other countries . that has nothing to do with visions in my head . that is just something i believe in doing regardless of reasons including the fact there may be no reason for doing so .

Old 02-10-2018, 06:29 AM

The reason for my skepticism is that you're letting irrational fears affect your travel, one shouldn't need to worry that they'll get in trouble for going to the beach in Cuba because of fantastic scenarios involving extortion dreamed up by people who visit a country via day trip cruise excursion. It's silly fear mongering.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:31 AM

it is up to each individual to decide what they want to do .

the fact is it is possible . how possible ? it has no answer we are privy to .

i won't do certain things not out of fear but because i agreed not to do certain things .

Old 02-15-2018, 12:53 PM

569 posts, read 265,164 times
We spent a week in Barbados and really enjoyed it. The island is small but there is varying terrain and lots to see and do as compared to other places we have been in the Caribbean. Historic Sites, marine life, good restaurants, botanical garden, etc.

Also, I second the recommendation for Bayahibe in the Dominica Republic. I went there in January after visiting Punta Cana the December before. After Punta Cana, I said if Bayahibe area was not more to my taste, I would probably not go back to the DR. But we loved that side of the island, even if the resort we stayed at was not as nice as the one in Punta Cana. There just seemed to be more to do and I really love watersports and it was a perfect area for that.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:57 PM

11,043 posts, read 3,980,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDigitalNomadofTruth View Post
Aruba is the only place in the Caribbean I've been to multiple times. Honestly going by what you're looking for most of the Caribbean doesn't seem to suit you. It sounds like you would be better off in Costa Rica or something.

On a side note I'm going to have to pick on you and some others if you only saw a country by way of a cruise ship you most likely did not get a true feel for it.

I second Costa Rica!

Old 02-16-2018, 09:17 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,225,378 times
Mexico. Granted it is not a Caribbean island but Yucatan Peninsula has a lot of unique options. You can explore Maya sites, swim in Ceynotas, swim in the Oceans, hike in Jungle and on the beach and explore the national parks.

https://expertvagabond.com/yucatan-peninsula/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or