U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 01:21 PM

166 posts, read 113,483 times

Advertisements

I agree as far as Charlottetown goes not much going on compared to the large metro areas mentioned in this thread. During a month on the island we may visit Charlottetown 6-7 times to eat at our favorite places. But as a province PEI is beautiful the locals so welcoming. The best times are July and August, with September being good to. Most places outside of Charlottetown are closed by the end of September. What draws us is the food, no crowds and the beaches...
Check out this fantastic aerial video of the many PEI beaches.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince...uide-1.3668417

As far as going into Charlottetown check this
http://portcharlottetown.com/cruise/cruise-schedule/
If a cruise ship will be in port on the day you plan to visit you may want to go another day. The town does get crowded when you have a ship in town especially the restaurants and bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 11:48 PM

4,424 posts, read 1,648,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I'd like to visit one of these cities but would like some advice as I would just be choosing one to travel to. I also don't know much about Canada as I've only been to Vancouver for one day.

Here are the cities I'm thinking about: Quebec City, Montreal, Charlottetown.
What are your expections or wishes to see in three mentioned cities?
Havent been to BC and PE but from all the Canadian cities I have visited, my favorite is "Niagara on the Lake".

Old 04-08-2018, 12:54 PM

8 posts, read 3,231 times
St. John's, NL, Canada should definitely be on your 'to visit" list!
St. John's is Oldest City in North America. For more than 500 years, St. Johnís has been visited by European explorers, adventurers, soldiers and pirates. St. Johnís, the provincial capital, is the economic and cultural centre of Newfoundland and Labrador. Discovered by John Cabot in 1497 and later claimed as the first permanent settlement in North America for the British Empire by Sir Humphrey Gilbert, St. Johnís has a rich and colourful history.

Historic Downtown: Downtown is the heart of St. Johnís. Museums, galleries, historical sites, parks, restaurants, pubs and specialty shops can be found along the narrow, winding streets and laneways of one of the oldest mercantile districts in North America. Youíll be charmed by the brightly coloured row houses known locally as Jelly Bean Row,perched on the hills overlooking the harbour.

Hiking the North Head Trail around Signal HillNatural Environment
Besides humpback and minke whales, one can see fin, sperm, blue, pothead, sei and right whales in the coastal waters surrounding Newfoundland and Labrador. A variety of whales, marine life and icebergs in season, can be seen from vantage points within the City and from tour boats operating out of St. Johnís harbour. Just a short drive outside the City, a marine bird sanctuary comes alive with seabirds and other marine life during the summer months.

World Class Urban and Coastal Trails
The Grand Concourse, an integrated network of urban walking trails, connects national and provincial historic sites, parks, cultural and interpretation centres, magnificent Victorian architecture, and scenic ponds and water systems. The 540km East Coast Trail, accessible from St. Johnís, provides hikers with a special blend of wilderness adventure, outstanding natural beauty, wildlife, history and cultural contact.

Lots enjoy the downtown night life! George Street Located in the center of historic downtown St. Johnís, George Street is one of the premier entertainment districts in North America. Amongst the over two-dozen pubs, clubs and bars on George Street, you will find all types of music Ė Irish, blues, dance, rock ní roll, country and traditional music will keep the party going until 3am on weekends. Whatever youíre in the mood for, you are sure to find entertainment that strikes your fancy.

AND: We Newfoundlanders are known for our hospitality and friendliness!

Old 04-16-2018, 02:37 PM

470 posts, read 506,927 times
Halifax for sure

Old 04-17-2018, 07:16 AM

2,687 posts, read 1,545,393 times
^ +1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or