U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 06:52 AM

71,643 posts, read 71,777,271 times

Advertisements

just got back from bermuda last night . it was amazing .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 07:00 AM

5,846 posts, read 8,609,403 times
In the US, my favorite beaches are on the Gulf Coast of Florida. There are a few that I really like, including Siesta Beach and the beach at Wiggins State Park. The Grand Strand in South Carolina also gets honorable mention. It's a fantastic natural beach, though the setting isn't quite as beautiful as the Florida beaches.

Outside the US, I really like Seven Mile Beach at Grand Cayman.

Old 04-25-2018, 02:36 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,296,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
just got back from bermuda last night . it was amazing .
Wow, That does look amazing!

Old 04-25-2018, 02:48 PM

3,850 posts, read 9,444,587 times
So many beaches....I grew up going to the beaches near Virginia, then moved to Florida where we frequented Daytona and New Symrna. Moved to Texas and adopted Port Aransas/Mustang Island as our home beach. It's not as pretty as Florida beaches, but you can drive on the beach and the waves are nice. When we want a beach vacation, we go to Lovers Key, Florida near Ft. Myers.

There's only one beach I don't like - Galveston. Cool little town but the beach leaves quite a bit to be desired. California beaches are beautiful, but the water is too cold for me to swim. The beaches in Hawaii were all spectacular. Hope it make it down to the beaches on the southern tip of Quintana Roo some day as well as the Caribbean.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:02 PM

5,248 posts, read 3,020,732 times
Honeymoon Island State Park is about 20 minutes from where I am sitting right now.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:42 PM

468 posts, read 167,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
So many beaches....I grew up going to the beaches near Virginia, then moved to Florida where we frequented Daytona and New Symrna.
Did you like New Symrna as a town in addition to its beach ? Would you consider it as a place to live or to have a vacation home ?

I've lived in southeast Florida from Lauderdalel up to West Palm Beach/Juno/Jupiter quite some time ago and I am considering taking a nice leisurely drive back down to Florida as I want to check out the Ormond beach and New Symrna beach areas.....I spent time at Daytona but only at some of the NASCAR races due to having a local guy from my neck of the woods here on Long Island driving at the time in Winston Cup....when it use to be called Winston Cup.....What's your take on that general area ? Thanks.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:02 PM

8,132 posts, read 8,631,834 times
Growing up, I literally could be swimming 5 minutes after walking out of my house. so I often take the beach for granted. However, so far, my favorite beaches are Mauna Kea and Kapalua in Hawaii. Of course, the Black sand beaches and green sand beaches on the Big Island are awesome, but you can't really swim there.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:48 AM

23,103 posts, read 35,052,903 times
The beach at Le Guanahani, St. Barth's, French West Indies. It's just breathtaking.

The entire beach is an isthmus, so you have the sea in front of you and behind you. The resort is so effortlessly luxurious; elegant but unpretentious, and you have every amenity at your fingertips. It's a slice of Heaven.

https://passportmagazine.com/le-guan...h-west-indies/

Old 05-02-2018, 07:55 AM

7,379 posts, read 13,352,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I think I'd be nervous to go on one of those. I went to a topless beach in Spain and there were people I definitely did not want to see topless.

To answer the question, my favorite beach is a red sand beach I visited on Maui.
The only red sand beach I know of on Maui is the nude beach in Hana.
Going further south, you'll find Hamoa Beach, which is really special.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:43 PM

12,267 posts, read 9,447,164 times
As dearly as I love the beaches of New England, the beaches on Maui just captured my soul, from Kapalua to Kaanapali to Lahaina towards Olowalu. They are breathtaking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or