Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 08:15 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,477,613 times

Advertisements

Ladies, if you’ve ever yearned to take a vacation from men, your dream has officially come true.

In July 2018, a networking group called SuperShe will open SuperShe Island, billed as an ultra-luxe, health-focused destination where female guests ─ and female guests only ─ are invited for retreats and casual stays.

No men allowed on exotic wellness island in Finland | Fox News

Old 02-04-2018, 12:10 PM

10,300 posts, read 13,821,327 times
Just think, if men had something like this they would be misogynist, sexist, and maybe even racist just to throw another -ist in the mix.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:16 PM

34,171 posts, read 18,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Just think, if men had something like this they would be misogynist, sexist, and maybe even racist just to throw another -ist in the mix.
We did, they were called Men's clubs, country clubs, The BOY Scouts, etc. They all were forced to cave to PC, or legal pressure.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:25 PM

128,671 posts, read 11,901,697 times
Sounds like a lesbian hang out to me. I hope they enjoy themselves. I am female, but if I am going on vacation I want both sexes around.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:34 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,276,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Sounds like a lesbian hang out to me. I hope they enjoy themselves. I am female, but if I am going on vacation I want both sexes around.
Agreed. I am also female and I don't feel comfortable around women who can't tolerate men, as if they are perfect and men are the enemy. I bet there is a lot of man bashing going on at that resort, yet they scream foul if men dare to say anything negative about women and the labels start flying. Huge double standard.

The irony is that the women who go there to avoid men will no doubt get on each others' nerves and start finding other reasons to be divisive between themselves because they are the kind to find fault with anyone who isn't exactly like them, hence why they are at an all female resort to begin with.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:50 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,211,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Then with same logic example gyms,dressing rooms and toilets for ladies must be for lesbians only....and all clubs for "gentleman only" must be for gays only?

This can be great business idea....or then not, can not know.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:53 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,384,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Ladies, if you’ve ever yearned to take a vacation from men, your dream has officially come true.

In July 2018, a networking group called SuperShe will open SuperShe Island, billed as an ultra-luxe, health-focused destination where female guests ─ and female guests only ─ are invited for retreats and casual stays.

So? There were times in my life I disappeared for a couple of days myself. Women should have something like this, just to get away and recharge. It's a good marketing strategy too.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:24 PM

17,401 posts, read 13,172,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Does anyone really care?

Let em do what they want

Old 02-04-2018, 06:27 PM

11,142 posts, read 7,895,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Agreed. I am also female and I don't feel comfortable around women who can't tolerate men, as if they are perfect and men are the enemy. I bet there is a lot of man bashing going on at that resort, yet they scream foul if men dare to say anything negative about women and the labels start flying. Huge double standard.

The irony is that the women who go there to avoid men will no doubt get on each others' nerves and start finding other reasons to be divisive between themselves because they are the kind to find fault with anyone who isn't exactly like them, hence why they are at an all female resort to begin with.
LOL... who says that they're going to avoid men? I go to a day spa once a month...no men. I have girls nights out... no men. I ❤️ men to pieces and get along with them very well, but my world doesn't revolve around them. I have my own identity, and am perfectly capable of taking some " me " time now and then.
My b/f goes hunting and fishing with other men... no women. Iam going to have to ask him if the plan is to avoid women, or talk s*** And say horrible things about us when we're not around... or because they enjoy some " me" time too.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:38 PM

902 posts, read 744,750 times
Lemme guess the island is guarded..................by men. A population without men is a conquered population
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel