U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2018, 12:50 PM

840 posts, read 542,297 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a trip to the Bahamas for the July 4th weekend and I'm looking for a resort that provides all inclusive packages just like Cancun.
After doing some research I'm starting to realize the Bahamas is not like Cancun in terms of all inclusive resorts. Bahamas is way more expensive overall. In any case for those who have been there, where should I be looking to stay?

I prefer a family oriented resort and plan to lounge on the beach mainly. Budget for hotel is $200 to $300 a night, thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 02:39 PM

15,094 posts, read 19,047,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfertx View Post
I'm planning a trip to the Bahamas for the July 4th weekend and I'm looking for a resort that provides all inclusive packages just like Cancun.
After doing some research I'm starting to realize the Bahamas is not like Cancun in terms of all inclusive resorts. Bahamas is way more expensive overall. In any case for those who have been there, where should I be looking to stay?

I prefer a family oriented resort and plan to lounge on the beach mainly. Budget for hotel is $200 to $300 a night, thx.
Is that budget per person? If you are traveling alone, are you including the single supplement in that budget?

Why limited to the Bahamas?

Old 02-12-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Is that budget per person? If you are traveling alone, are you including the single supplement in that budget?

Why limited to the Bahamas?
budget for a room per night. I'm traveling with wifey and lill daughter. Bahamas close to Houston, TX flight wise. I'm limiting 2 to 3 hours flight tops.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:57 AM

3,665 posts, read 6,492,875 times
Quote:
budget for a room per night. I'm traveling with wifey and lill daughter. Bahamas close to Houston, TX flight wise. I'm limiting 2 to 3 hours flight tops.
So is Cancun and surrounding areas.. you will find a much better selection in your price range there.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:06 PM

15,094 posts, read 19,047,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
So is Cancun and surrounding areas.. you will find a much better selection in your price range there.
I agree. But suspect the OP will think it's too 'dangerous' to go to Mexico.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
After doing some research I found a very nice resort in Cancun with calm beaches and will most likely go there. For all inclusive you get a lot more for you money and probably better service.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:07 PM

3,665 posts, read 6,492,875 times
Quote:
After doing some research I found a very nice resort in Cancun with calm beaches and will most likely go there. For all inclusive you get a lot more for you money and probably better service.
Absolutely.. I've been to both several times and would highly recommend that area as opposed to the Bahamas!

Which one did you end up choosing there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or