U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:00 AM

903 posts, read 233,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Florida will probably rain too
March is typically a rather dry month in Florida. Plus, there's a center of high pressure that's been sitting over us for a couple of weeks now and is continued to stay there for quite a while longer. This is making things even drier, as we're not being affected by any cold fronts and contributing to our unseasonably warm weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 02:57 PM
DKM

2,828 posts, read 1,012,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm4256 View Post
I like a variety of things. Hiking, biking, eating, baseball, sightseeing, etc. Arizona has been on my list for awhile and I've been meaning to go see it but there's a cold front moving in and it looks like it is staying awhile. High temperatures are in the 60s and Florida is in the 80s for at least the next 10 days. Being more of a warm weather person, that was making me think that perhaps I should plan on going to Florida instead lol. I already ruled out Vegas as it is still in the 30s at night! I am trying to get away from that cold weather.

I never really had the desire to go to Florida until someone I knew suggested it and then I started doing the research. If I don't go on the next trip, I will have to put it on the list.
It will be back to the 70s there by March and certainly not "cold". March sun in Phoenix is already high enough to warm you up. Unless you get out at 5am, you are unlikely to get cold there at all. There are a lot of options for baseball watching, and all reachable. Depends on the teams you want to watch maybe? Florida spring ball is spread out across half the state. Both are great in March, I've done both then.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:04 PM

8,260 posts, read 11,124,485 times
I have never understood the appeal of Phoenix.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:36 PM

3,851 posts, read 9,445,905 times
We flew into Fort Lauderdale and did the drive through the Keys last year. It's a long drive with not much to see along the way although you can find off-the-highway places to visit. Key West is interesting, but not a place I'd want to spend more than 2 days. There's a lot to see and do in south Florida in general and a good time of year to visit if you can get there ahead of spring break - you do not want to be in Ft. Lauderdale then unless you are a college student.

The beaches in south Florida are some of the best whether you decide to stay on the Atlantic side or head over to the West coast. Keep in mind there aren't many beaches in the Keys, so if lying on a beach is your thing, you are better off staying on the mainland.

Driving the Keys was a bucket list thing for us and I'm glad we did it but won't do it again. We actually spent a couple of nights in Marathon and one in Key Largo to break up the trip, with a visit to Key West from our Marathon base. Key Largo was pretty nice and you can take a glass bottom boat to see the reef. The Crane Point nature museum in Marathon is worth a visit to get a sense of the Keys' history. And above all, make the detour in Florida City on the way down to Robert Is Here and get a key lime milkshake!

Old 02-22-2018, 12:37 PM

35,324 posts, read 25,198,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I have never understood the appeal of Phoenix.

It's a good place to fly into... other than that and two very good breweries, it has nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel